Thread: My Hoodia Diary

Registered Childminder since
    May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Hoodia Diary

Quote Originally Posted by bmapes View Post
    I was prescribed a tablet called orlistat last year, it stops you from absorbing 25% of the fat from your meal, they can work but have awful side effects i won't go into them in case anyone is eating but lets just say the fat comes out the other end!!. I stopped taking them but i know they work for some people. You cannot buy these you must be presecribed by the doctor but as i am a big big girl he was happy to prescribe them for me.
    My problem is mainly due to comfort eating because i suffer from depression which i am also on meds for.
    But tbh i piled it on after having my son and as i had also quit smoking from a 30-40 a day habit that does not help matters so i may not be able to loose the weight but i quit smoking and did it without any patches or anything.
    Bev X
    I lost 5 stone taking Orlistat. Then had William and have put 2 back on. They do work but you HAVE to follow a low fat diet as the side effects are horrible.

Annie x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking something from the gp called xenicol. It sounds the same sort of thing but it doesn't seem to be working...it just gives me terrible wind

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Xenical and orlistat are the same thing just different brand names. I looked them up and researched loads before taking them. My prescription would say Xenical but the box from pharmacy said Orlistat so I queried it.

Annie x

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

banana this is my second day on hoodia, which type did you get?

hazelx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is driving me nuts!! I keep misreading it as My Hoodie Diary. Can't somehow imagine Lana wandering the streets in her Hoodie

amanda xx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

doctor put me on xenical, came off it , it gave me anxiety! ( if i was going to reach the loo in time! )

hazelx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hows it going to today Lana?

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Amanda - me and my Hoodie diary - where we went today, what we did lol, how jealous it got when I tried on another jacket

Going well again today!!

There does seem to be a big downside to Hoodia - I am craving sugar. I have had a half a bagel today, 1/4 chicken sandwich and 6 choclate eclairs. Also an orange and some grapes. I need to just be cutting out the sweets but it does hit quite quickly with the sugar crave and so I need to be eating more fruit to help with this instead of reaching for a few sweets to sort it! Other than that I have dropped..... 3lbs. I have not had any hunger pangs in 2 days, and I just am not thinking about food at all. I have chops with mash and veg for dinner and I have to say I do not know how I am going to eat it! I could quite happily not eat until tomorrow but I do have to eat something as I know my body needs it. I am also eating from side plates for all my meals from now on as it doesnt look so daunting - what with having no appetite the sheer sight of a big plate of food is just too much! I never thought I would say that. I have wondered maybe if Its a bit of a placebo effect im having in taking these tablets but whatever it is its working and until it stops working I'll carry on!

Hazel - Sandra kindly gave me her Hoodia that she was not using and they are from healthy direct. Which ones do you have? How are you getting on?

I think TBH if it continues like this then I will have no problems in recommending Hoodia and if it costs £40 a month then its money well spent I have only been having 1 tablet a day so goodness knows if I took 2, I dont feel I need to so wont yet.

Angel - Meant to say I checked the box again last night and although its a natural remedy it still says to consult your doctor if you are taking any medication. SO just to be on the safe side.

Those other tablets that you get from the doctor sound awful! I saw a woman on that supersize v superskinny who had taken them and she told her story and I dont think I could put myself through it! But apprently they are VERY effective.

xxxxx
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

When you say you had 6 chocolate eclairs do you mean the sweets or the cakes ? haha

Not sure if they sound so good if you are going to crave sugar all the time - I do that without them so wont that make it worse therefore defeating the object ??

Angel xx

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

lol Angel - yeah the sweets.

The craving isnt constant. Its obviously my blood sugar being low - and because im not eating the 'right' things when it happens it wont be helping! I need to reach for the fruit bowl and not the sweets which will have the desired effect. Its just earlier I was in town and walking around the shops and needed something sweet - so again, like yesterday the quick option was to pop in the newsagents and grab some sweets. Its just getting into the routine of eating the right things when I do eat and that will stop this happening.

I will keep you all updated through the week and let you know about any more weight loss!
    xx
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck

Do you like chewing gum - or tic tacs they are only low and you could have them through out the day ?

You had me worried about the eclairs haha
    Angel xx

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

even without the hoodia I would struggle with 6 cream cakes Would still take the challenge though

xx
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you would be sick im sure haha might help you to stop eating things like that though haha

Hope it goes ok I really want some but will wait and see what you really think

Angel xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you meant the cakes too! Ha ha!

I am dying to buy some but I'm being really strong to see how you go.

I'm really interested in reading your diary so please don't stop! If it's still going well by Thursday I think I will have to get some myself!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi lana changing the subject for a sec, your name banana come from lana? my daughters called alana and they call her alana banana. i bought mine from holland and barret, the only ones they had left were the hoodia mint which were £43.99 for 6 weeks supply (1000mg hoodia) i have to take 3 a day, but there are no instructions with them, just to take 1 at 9,1 and 5 o'clock, so i dont no if im to take them instead of food or what but iv normally had lunch by 1, mostly dont have breakfast. i took the first at 12 on Saturday, i had not eaten that day yet so i wasnt starving and after 10 minutes i didnt feel hungry anymore. when i got home i just had rivitas and cottage cheese and fruit, i carnt say i dont want to eat at all but they do stop you feeling hungry . i have dropped 2 pounds. i am going to use them along with doing weight watches. what strength are yours?

hazelx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh so you can get different strength ones ?

How do you know which ones to buy ?

xxx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i think lana's are stronger than mine, iv tried to the strengh of the holland and barret ones but it doesnt tell you on their site.

hazelx

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Hazel. Lana Banana - all through being little and TBH I still getr called Banana now, I dont mind, its quite an original nickname I suppose lol.

Glad you are having a positive result with your too Hazel!

I had a tabet this morning and I've had 3 ryvita with marmite at 11am and now am not hungry at all. I ate a huge amount of pineapple last night and think it must have helped with the sweet craving as so far I have not wanted anything sweet. I am going to have some more pineapple and a banana at 12.30 when the kids have lunch, just to get some nutrients into me!

Says 4lb off this morning on the scales so it can only be a good thing!

xxxxxxxx
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

not felt the need to take any yet, i will try to manage without untill i think i need one, had 2 yogurts for breakfast , having fruit for lunch too.

what strengh are yours, i think yours are stronger.

hazelx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast