Emma's Cambridge Diet Diary
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Louise's Cambridge Diet Diary

End of day 2.........

Well today has really been a huge test, we have been out for the whole day to tamworth castle, as we got into the town there was food everywhere stalls full of sweets and cakes and donuts etc - the smell was absolutely gorgeous! Then the kids had a picnic with ALL my fave foods and I was really really good - it was dam hard tho!!

I am changing counsellors on monday so that will be my new weigh day because the current one is rubbish, she has offered me no support what-so-ever she weighed me - no measurements, took my money and left.

I have struggled to drink alot of water with being out and about have managed 3 litres up to yet.

This weekend will be a huge struggle because I want to eat when I am alone but I am feeling positive I piddled on a stick this morn just out of curiosity and it was pink (well i think it is) I even took a pic to dbl check I wasn't seeing things

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on getting through your day out, i can imagine how hard that would be but you done it

Good luck with the weekend, im sure someone will be around if you need a nudge

Post Thanks / Like

End of day 4.......

Today has really tested my will power, I visited donnington market and virtually every other stall was food and I wud usually of had a burger or donuts or something. I stayed focused and battled the smells but came home and thats all I could think about

I have just cooked spag bol, chicken risotto and sausage casserole which strangely took my mind off eating (never made them from scratch b4)

I am being weighed in the morning....I will have done 4 days of CD so doubt they'll be a loss but i'll try to keep plodding on!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh you are a braver womann than me. Well done.
    Ali xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Louise you are doing really well.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow - don't forget to let us know how you got on.

Dee
    xx
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Well done Louise you are doing really well.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow - don't forget to let us know how you got on.

Dee
    xx
    Well I got weighed this morning and after for full days (well bit of a blip yest)on CD I have lost ....

7lbs

New councellor is awesome and said I have done well, she has done all measurements and we are starting a new week from tomorrow

I fell of the wagon last night and knocked my body out of ketosis I ate a party sausage I was gutted after and chucked the rest in the bin but have got over it and carried on...if I am honest I am glad I did it because I have seen that I didnt feel any better and could of lost a cpl more lbs maybe if I hadnt eaten it.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow well done, thats a fab start and it was not even a week

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great weight loss and not even a week!

Good on ya for getting back with it after the sausage, at least you could see it made you feel no better.
    Marie.

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a fantastic weight loss after just 4 days

I'm really glad that you changed your councillor and found someone who is more supportive.

Well done and keep it up

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Louise.....that is excellent.

I am really pleased for you sweetie

I am glad to hear that you got on with the new counsellor a lot better.......

Keep up the good work

Dee
    xx
    Dee

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

End of day 8

Well things are getting better the shakes are now part of my day...love love love choc mint & toffee and walnut, I am really struggling to get 4 litres of water in each day though

By 6pm I am very very tired and have been going to bed very early and sleeping lots...is this normal? My period is trying to come (a week early) and have been in agony with pains - is this my body wondering whats going on???

At the minute I have only been losing my floating weight (weight that I have been up and down with for months) but once I get down under the next stone then I will feel like I am losing something.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you knocked yourself out of ketosis you need to take the days to get back in and then you will have a lot more energy, especially with your period as that takes extra will power.

Keep going you are doing great.
    Debbie

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Louise

As Debbie says if you knocked yourself out of Ketosis then that could be the problem......when you say 'party sausage' did it have pastry round it or was it just sausage?

Also TOTM does do weird and wonderful things to our body

You also need to remember that although you are getting all the necessary vitamins & minerals that your body needs you are taking in less than 450 calories a day. Although the Ketosis helps you get through this is does take a little time for your body to adjust to the severe drop in calories.......this is one of the main reasons your CDC should have advised you not to over do it (especially with exercise) for the first 2 weeks or so.

Water - you only need to take in 2 litres of water a day on top of what you use to make your shakes. If you use more than the recommended 227ml's to make the shakes up (ie if you like them weaker/thinner) then that fluid can be used towards that 2 litres if you see what I mean.

What also helps me is the water flavourings.......I have clients who love the Orange one but I actually prefer the Berry one.......why not give one of them a try.

HTH

Dee
    xx
    Dee

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Louise even reading your post tells me you must be feeling more positive just by the tone (iyswim) well done to getting to day 8 and having just 1 tiny blip but getting straight back onto it

Dee you are a fantastic support to these ladies and im sure they would find it harder without you there

June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    End of day 8

Well things are getting better the shakes are now part of my day...love love love choc mint & toffee and walnut, I am really struggling to get 4 litres of water in each day though

By 6pm I am very very tired and have been going to bed very early and sleeping lots...is this normal? My period is trying to come (a week early) and have been in agony with pains - is this my body wondering whats going on???

At the minute I have only been losing my floating weight (weight that I have been up and down with for months) but once I get down under the next stone then I will feel like I am losing something.
    I wouldn't have thought you should be in pain with any diet hun. Pain is the body's way of letting us know something is wrong...

There is a possibility of liver and kidney damage when you force your body into ketosis, but I'm sure your dietician has told you that already. I also presume you've had a blood test to show you're definitely not diabetic and therefore at risk of ketoacidosis? If not it may be worth the five minutes it takes... (that's not meant to sound snotty, just concerned). Would it be worth a quick visit to your doc for a check up to make sure all is well?

I don't want to put you off so please don't think that, just make sure you're ok.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Hi Louise

As Debbie says if you knocked yourself out of Ketosis then that could be the problem......when you say 'party sausage' did it have pastry round it or was it just sausage? it was just a cocktail sausage
    Also TOTM does do weird and wonderful things to our body

You also need to remember that although you are getting all the necessary vitamins & minerals that your body needs you are taking in less than 450 calories a day. Although the Ketosis helps you get through this is does take a little time for your body to adjust to the severe drop in calories.......this is one of the main reasons your CDC should have advised you not to over do it (especially with exercise) for the first 2 weeks or so.

Water - you only need to take in 2 litres of water a day on top of what you use to make your shakes. If you use more than the recommended 227ml's to make the shakes up (ie if you like them weaker/thinner) then that fluid can be used towards that 2 litres if you see what I mean. been making them with 300mls

What also helps me is the water flavourings.......I have clients who love the Orange one but I actually prefer the Berry one.......why not give one of them a try.

HTH

Dee
    xx
    I feel very deflated today, dont seem to be losing anything maybe its because of totm, I am very bloated at the min

If I drink 4 litres of water would that shift more weight than if I drank 2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I wouldn't have thought you should be in pain with any diet hun. Pain is the body's way of letting us know something is wrong...

There is a possibility of liver and kidney damage when you force your body into ketosis, but I'm sure your dietician has told you that already. I also presume you've had a blood test to show you're definitely not diabetic and therefore at risk of ketoacidosis? If not it may be worth the five minutes it takes... (that's not meant to sound snotty, just concerned). Would it be worth a quick visit to your doc for a check up to make sure all is well?

I don't want to put you off so please don't think that, just make sure you're ok.

Hope you feel better soon. xx
    I mean period pains no other pains - im being mardy

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel very deflated today, dont seem to be losing anything maybe its because of totm, I am very bloated at the min

If I drink 4 litres of water would that shift more weight than if I drank 2?

Not necessarily......the water intake tends to help fill your stomach up and can help with skin going back (although it wont completely return if you know what I mean).

You should only really take on board what you feel comfortable with and the recommended amount is around 2-3 litres.

You are probably holding onto water due to TOTM.....it not uncommon

Dee
    xxx
    Dee

June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean period pains no other pains - im being mardy
    Thank goodness for that, I was sooo worried about you! Glad you took my reply the way I meant it too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    Thank goodness for that, I was sooo worried about you! Glad you took my reply the way I meant it too
    im just a mardy moo

I just brought a lovely new top to slim into, its 2 sizes smaller than I am now but it was very cheap and want it for my hol in oct

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast