Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loosing weight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loosing weight

Hey all,

I have some weddings coming up in the summer months and would like to do something now to feel better and more confident for then.

I only want to lose a stone just so clothes fit better etc

I didn't know whether to do a shake diet as I just have no interest what so ever in dieting and following recipes and counting calories.

I know what's good and what's not so good and I know what I love to eat an what I probably shouldn't eat lol

I just want a diet that's easy peasy to follow as I don't have much time on my hands

Any advice would be great xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im doing slimming world and loving it. Fruit n veg and lean meat are all free as is black coffee. All suits me. Ive just been eating too many sweet things lately so my loss has stalled a little.

I would recommend going along to a group and see what you think. You only pay if you want to give it a shot x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to calorie or follow a specific diet you could try a couple of other things that helped me lose weight.

I have massive dinner plates, and quite big side plates, so I started dishing up my dinner on the side plate so I had a smaller portion, but because the plate was smaller, it didn't feel like it was smaller, if that that makes sense.

I also put my cutlerly down between mouthfuls and properly chewed my food, this helps to make you feel fuller quicker. As as all smaller portions I also grazed throughout the day on healthy snacks like fruit and such like. I probably ate about 6 times a day, but very small portions.

I have lost over 2 stone just by doing this (over 1 year), I have also kept it off.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The 5:2 diet is supposedly quite healthy and very easy. Eat what you like for five days and less than 600 calories for any two days - dont need to be consecutive.1-2 lbs a week off is the norm.
    I personally found the slimming world meetings dire but I know they can be effective as can ww
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Post Thanks / Like

I am always on a diet ask anyone here who knows me

I started slimming world last week though and I'm really enjoying it and actually feel full ....there is a lot of preparing and planning but once you get your head around it it's worth it and the meals are lovely

My mom is on the 5 2 diet and loves it but it's very restrictive she has lost over a stone in a month

Angel xxx

6. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

5:2 is amazing I lost 2 stone in 2 months just before Xmas and its still off now. It re trains your body/mind about food and its the only diet I have ever been able to do and stick too and actually loose weight. Trust me I have tried far too many lol! I didn't find 5:2 restrictive I still had take aways etc I just ate things in moderation because I didn't feel as hungry as before. Xx

Post Thanks / Like

A good way to lose weight is to start the day with protein not carbs... So avoid things such as toast and cereal and instead have something like 2 boiled eggs... Protein will burn whatever fat you have then throughout the day whilst carbs only store it x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeekABoos View Post
    5:2 is amazing I lost 2 stone in 2 months just before Xmas and its still off now. It re trains your body/mind about food and its the only diet I have ever been able to do and stick too and actually loose weight. Trust me I have tried far too many lol! I didn't find 5:2 restrictive I still had take aways etc I just ate things in moderation because I didn't feel as hungry as before. Xx

What kind of things did you eat on the 2 fast days?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    A good way to lose weight is to start the day with protein not carbs... So avoid things such as toast and cereal and instead have something like 2 boiled eggs... Protein will burn whatever fat you have then throughout the day whilst carbs only store it x
    This is my weakness

I either have toast (2 rounds) or if I'm in a rush I have 4-5 chocolate biscuits dunked in tea :/ I know it's naughty
    I'm going to try the egg thing. As I'm aware I do eat too many carbs anyway as I have sandwiches for dinner too and then sometimes for tea home made chips/garlic bread and do on. Need to really cut back on them x

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have done my own version of 5 to 2 . Monday to friday I eat just my normal healthy meals and fruit for snacks, no chocolate. biscuits, cakes, wine, crisps etc. Saturday and sunday I eat whatever I want!!! I dont feel deprived cos I only have to wait a few days to have whatever I fancy. I have been doing it since last May and lost one and a half stone. I also swim twice a week. I dont think of it as a diet just a lifestyle choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    If you don't want to calorie or follow a specific diet you could try a couple of other things that helped me lose weight. I have massive dinner plates, and quite big side plates, so I started dishing up my dinner on the side plate so I had a smaller portion, but because the plate was smaller, it didn't feel like it was smaller, if that that makes sense. I also put my cutlerly down between mouthfuls and properly chewed my food, this helps to make you feel fuller quicker. As as all smaller portions I also grazed throughout the day on healthy snacks like fruit and such like. I probably ate about 6 times a day, but very small portions. I have lost over 2 stone just by doing this (over 1 year), I have also kept it off.
    I think the smaller plate in particular is a very good suggestion as I do pile our dinners up.
    I'm such a fast eater aswel need to slow that down.
    I read somewhere aswel that every meal you have leave something on your plate. Even if it's just 1 mouthful.
    I was always brought up to not leave waste lol terrible terrible idea as even if I'm full I will make sure food isn't left and thrown away lol.

I'm a size 12-14 but want to go down to more of a 10-12. I'm thinking of starting this diet on Monday. I do food shopping of a Friday too so will give me chance to plan the meals and avoid buying certain foods lol xxx

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    What kind of things did you eat on the 2 fast days?
    Our usual meals for fast days was half a weight watchers pizza and some chips with veg or beans/spaghetti. Or new potatoes some kind of low cal meat and vegetables on fast days we played safe I used to save all my 500 cals till evening too because im not a big eater for breakfast and lunch...

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently on week 2 of the 5:2 diet and like previous posts am no where near as hungry as I was the first day but in general my appetite had shrunk too which is a good thing. My typical day is a weight watchers yoghurt for breakfast I've never been a breakfast person mind. Pitta bread with cottage cheese, slice of chicken and lettuce for lunch, sugar free jelly for afternoon snack then spaghetti on 2 slices if nimble bread toast. If I'm still hungry I have a early night so I don't eat anymore. I feel far better and know on second week am not finding myself hungry on these days. I lost 5lbs the first week.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought the 5:2 book after reading this feel skinny already lol
    Tess1981

16. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Just bought the 5:2 book after reading this feel skinny already lol
    I brought it as well and had my first fast day on Monday. I'm doing Monday and Thursdays as they are my busiest days so I won't notice the not eating so much!

My mother in law lost almost 3 stone on it! Fingers crossed it works for me as well!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Post Thanks / Like

5:2 fast diet!!! I lost 2stone and have kept it all off, still weight the same as I did last October, so I'm chuffed about that. My weight used to fluctuate a lot!! Aside from weight loss, this diet also has lots of long term health benefits. I'm not sure how many of them are 100% true, however, I know how I feel in myself, I feel amazing, and even if some of it is just a placebo affect, I don't care (hope that makes sense) Whatever diet route you go down, you need something to keep you focused!

For me, I liked the fact that I wasnt denying myself foods ever day, it is just two days a week, and then you soon learn what food is beneficial and what's not worth eating! Good luck xx

Post Thanks / Like

What book is it? Can I have a link please? X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    What book is it? Can I have a link please? X
    Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer, 5:2 fast diet.

I got a copy from my library. It is a big book, only need to read once. Recipe ideas in there are good though x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Tess1981

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast