Hi Ladies, first a huge big thumbs up to everyone here who is doing well and trying hard on their diets, there are just too many threads to go and post on each lol!

Well after 20 odd years of 'dieting' and slowly getting bigger and bigger I had enough. I had been thinking about trying this route for a while and I finally bit the bullet!

No - I haven't had a gastric band - (far too chicken & not to mention skint for that!)

I have been for hypnotherapy!

I think it might work for me. I had always felt my ridiculous eating patterns were buried in my past but as it turns out it seems to be not quite what I thought!

I have had 2 sessions so far, the 1st is an introduction and find out about me session, with a short light hypnosis session that trys to install some positive messages into my sub conscious - like chew properly/slowly, small bites, stop when full etc. All very basic but all major faults for me! I took away a disc to listen to every day which reinforces these messages.

The second session was a deeper hypnosis and she spoke to my subconscious and asked some questions. It turns out when I was 12 I felt I had no friends and started to eat more for comfort! There are memories I can think of that make me think this is very true.

And you jnow what - right from the 1st session my eating has been calm and considered. No great big fired up 1st days of diet feelings, but I have considered what I have been eating or choosing to eat on a very normal basis. 3 normal meals and a couple of healthy snacks. Thanks to my many years of attending diet clubs has left me with an extensive knowledge if what I should eat and hopefully now I have the desire to use that knowledge long term!

I did feel I held back a little at the last session as I was a bit scared about it but I have another session in August & I will tell her how i felt and see what comes up.

I will try to get back on & let you know how I am doing - so far in 3 weeks I have lost 5lb without a diet of any kind!