Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: back to club

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default back to club

Im back at slimming world, its 16 weeks till my jollies and I was trying to do it at home but realised I needed the support of the group :-) I lost 2 stone back in 2011 but put it back on :-( so wish me luck x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you,

I'm at slimming world too, I am currently slimming for my daughters wedding in 9 weeks, have been going to the same
    class for nearly 10 years, and I agree with you I need to go every week as I can't do it on my own, I usually loose weight to go on hols
    then put it back on and then take it off again so really I'm near enough at target but going away twice a year go out of target range so I will just keep
    going I love the social aspect of group
    Cath

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck with sw ladies! i lost 2st 8.5lb with sw and became a consultant-it really does work x

4. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only thing SW doesn't teach is moderation - if you follow the plan and cut down just a little bit each week, even on the free foods, you will see much more consistent weight loss and you will be teaching yourself healthier eating lessons.

Good luck!

6. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Lost 2 1/2 pounds :-) howver this weekend not going good, dd has made cakes for brownie camp and my nan had shortbread fingers with our cup of tea and unfortunately I had no will power and had two x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck

I also joined SW for the first time last wednesday, i'm a bit concerned as i seem to be eating an awful lot but hopefully will still lose weight. I thought i would miss my wine more than i have.

9. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    good luck

I also joined SW for the first time last wednesday, i'm a bit concerned as i seem to be eating an awful lot but hopefully will still lose weight. I thought i would miss my wine more than i have.
    Dont be, as long as its free or superfree you cant go wrong!x

11. Likes ziggy liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it would seem i must have done something wrong. i only lost 1/2lb, I know it's a loss but i have been sooooooooooo good and felt like crying when i was weighed. I expected a bit better result from the first week

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive now lost 8 pounds in four weeks :-) lol however I was well pleased with myself until a new lady and daughter who started last week came and lost 5 pound each x

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Littleglees View Post
    Ive now lost 8 pounds in four weeks :-) lol however I was well pleased with myself until a new lady and daughter who started last week came and lost 5 pound each x
    Dont compare your weight loss to anyone elses. People have big losses in the first week because its mainly fluid at the start. An average of 2lb a week is fab-and its easier to keep off xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it would seem i must have done something wrong. i only lost 1/2lb, I know it's a loss but i have been sooooooooooo good and felt like crying when i was weighed. I expected a bit better result from the first week
    Dont give up-have you done a food diary?

Post Thanks / Like

I've joined the gym and I'm actually loving it!! The fact I done a cx workout tonight and can feel muscles I never knew I had is hurting but must mean I worked hard!! I've also cut my calories down too as need to lose a stone and half!

Sw really works, I done it a few years ago and lost 2 stone. Stick with it!!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I went back to WW last night.
    lost lots last year but some has crept back on - Ive been trying to 'diet' over the last month but its not having an effect this time. I need the discipline of the weigh in I think. I dont intend to track , weigh etc - I know what I should and shouldnt be eating! I just need to go and weigh in!
    At least i got to gold so my meetings are free as long as I stay within 5lbs of goal. I knowingly set my ww goal at the high end of what my 'normal' range is , but with my build i should be around 10lbs lighter than that to be 'me'. So , 12lbs to lose before the middle of July. Day2.
    Had some amazing support on here last time - Especially Juggler and Jelly , so hope you dont all mind being my support this time when I go into 'binge mode' as I do occasionally!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news

After only losing 1/2lb after first week, this week i managed to lose 4 1/2 lbs, so that's an amazing 5lbs on just 2 weeks.

Realised i couldnt eat tinned pineapple freely and my muesli wasnt sugar free

So hope i can keep it up

Good luck to everyone else xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news

After only losing 1/2lb after first week, this week i managed to lose 4 1/2 lbs, so that's an amazing 5lbs on just 2 weeks.

Realised i couldnt eat tinned pineapple freely and my muesli wasnt sugar free

So hope i can keep it up

Good luck to everyone else xx
    Wonderful news ziggy! Congratulations x (can you telp im an ex consultant with my 'did you do a food diary!' )

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

well only 1/2lb this week but have awful cough and have been taking medicine plus sucking cough sweets at night when i cant sleep

I have kept food diary, am on green as i'm a vegetarian (although eat fish now and then)

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you x

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

well only 1/2lb this week but have awful cough and have been taking medicine plus sucking cough sweets at night when i cant sleep

I have kept food diary, am on green as i'm a vegetarian (although eat fish now and then)
    Oooh poor you-hope you feel better soon. Ive come down with the lurghy-cold, horrid cough and have lost my voice

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, dont think i have a cold, just a really dry cough which keeps me awake most of the night. No energy to go out walking on these lovely evening makes me really grumpy