New year start, slimming world
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New year start, slimming world

Well kind of, as mentioned in a previous thread im having an operation soon and the recovery is going to be slow and steady but I would like to lose weight with slimming world. I have done it before and works for me. I do it from home and find it really easy to do. I have piled on the weight recently since I knew about the op, thinking it will be ok to start after bug after weighing myself this morning I'm not putting if off any longer.

Would anyone like to join me? We can share tips, motivate each other and set our own little goals?

So to start:

I'm 5"1
    12st 8lb
    Target 9st 7lbs
    Bmi 33.9

Next weigh in 7th jan :0)

Here's to a healthy slimmer us :0)

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes please I am doing this as well. I am fed up being fat, I have been all my life and I really want for once to just be a normal weight and feel good about myself.

I am 42 years old, 5 ft 5 and I weigh 13 st 4.5lbs - I got down to 12.2 last year and have piled it on by going very silly and eating everything in sight since about October. My target for this year is to reach 10 stone.

I like the principle of the SW diet as I can eat as much as I like of veggies, fruit, pasta, rice, pulses, tofu etc - all the things we eat

I will weigh in on the 7th too - good luck xx

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome onboard veggie, good luck xx

My motto is get your head in the right ace and your body will do as its told

Off we jolly well go :0)

4. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Slimming World is brilliant - I still follow the principles now (I got to target nearly 2 years ago) and even if I put on a few pounds over Christmas I can manage it by going back to sensible eating in January.

The most important tip I remember from when I was doing it is to remember that a bad / failed meal is only 1 meal in the 21 you eat each week... so pick yourself up and make the other 20 count!

Good luck!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I started Slimming World just after Christmas last year and I love it. Just before this Christmas I was 3lb off target. I will have put on a couple over Christmas which is fine because I'm still loads slimmer than this time last year. The difference it has made to my self esteem has been amazing!

7. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm at slimming world too, weighed in on the 19th dec and not back until wed 2nd, been on my own scales and put on about
    6 pound oops, but have dd wedding in july so I WILL LOOSE WEIGHT I have 25 weeks to get at least a stone and half off

We will keep each other motivated
    Cath

9. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I join you? Am not doing Slimming World but have 3 stone to lose.
    I have been reading a lot about intermittent fasting to help weight loss and help health wise too so am going to give that a try. It's basically cutting down on calories quite drastically a few times a week and eating normally the rest.

11. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Can I join you? Am not doing Slimming World but have 3 stone to lose.
    I have been reading a lot about intermittent fasting to help weight loss and help health wise too so am going to give that a try. It's basically cutting down on calories quite drastically a few times a week and eating normally the rest.
    Have you tried slimming world you can eat normal food and as much as you like, if you don't eat regually then your brain tells you to store fat to
    see you through not eating enough, give it a go I know someone who has lost 12 stone on it so it really works
    Cath

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see people joining me :0)

The more the merrier, and I can vouch for SW working. I have lost just over 2 stone on it before, then I had baby no 2 and never bothered continuing.

Make sure everyone weighs so we all have a starting point

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    Have you tried slimming world you can eat normal food and as much as you like, if you don't eat regually then your brain tells you to store fat to
    see you through not eating enough, give it a go I know someone who has lost 12 stone on it so it really works
    Apparently that only happens after a long time not eating, its 72 hours. I have read a lot about it, was on a Horizon programme a few months ago, went onto a lot of the science behind it too so am going to give it a go. There is a lot of positive press about it.
    Have lost a bit of weight in the past just simple calorie counting which worked but I find it impossible now as have 0 will power and lots of temptation!
    Wow 12 stone is loads!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also on SW plan, next weigh in on 8th Jan (missed 2 due to xmas and new year) and I know I have gained at least 4lb since last weigh in

Would like to lose another stone plus the 4lb I have just gained.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I play?

I've still got all my slimming world books so i'm going to try to do it at home...(I rarely managed to stay to group so a waste of money for me)

I've always been curvy and my DH loves me that way but i've got curves where they shouldn't be now!

We're going on our first ever overseas holiday to Fuerteventura in June and i'd love to be able to wear a (modest) bikini by then.

My practical weight loss goal is probably 2-3 stone by then.....think that's not even 2lb a week so do-able-and i'm planning on going to zumba or the gym twice a week....will dig out the scales for next week!

17. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Oct 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i joined slimming world 2 years ago, after suffering a number of miscarriages and me blaming it on my weight, i initially did it to enable me to have a baby, lost 3 stone in 6 months, got pregnant and then returned last march when maddie was 4 weeks old straight away, i only put 1 stone on throughout my whole pregnancy as i stuck to plan as much as i could, and most of that was baby weight still. i hit target in november, loosing 4 1/2 stone in total. i do want another 1/2 stone tho just to make me feel comfier in my clothes but i'm happy where i am now
    IS FINALLY AT TARGET WHOOP WHOOP

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well I went back to sw this week and yes I put on 6lb since 19th dec can't think why I have put all the unopened chocolate
    upstairs emptied the the pringles and nuts into the food recycling and am focused to loose the weight, my 3 yr old mindee lay across
    my lap yesterday and put her hand on my roll over my jeans and said "is that a baby" oops better get the weight off
    Cath

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in perfect shape.

Round is a shape.

21. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'll join you all too ..lost nearly a stone on SW this time last year and its all crept on slowly once i stopped going to class.hopefully having a reason to weigh in will make me behave.ive been good for 2 days now so its a start.
    Im 5ft 2 and just under 10st.i want to be 9 st or less. xx

23. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm losing weight hopefully so I'd like to join. I dont have time to join any group so I'm doing it on my own...got a rower upstairs that I've only used three times so I've promised my self to use it.
    I'm 37
    5ft 4in
    10.6 stones

Not hugely overweight but would love to get under 10 stone for my summer hols.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

"Diet" - it's a 4-letter word.

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

can i join you as well, went to the doctors last week wish i hadn't though

thought i was in good health but apparently not

so will be joining slimming world this evening.

cathy

Post Thanks / Like

I've just started back on slimming world! Started originally in July 2011 and by April 2012 I had lost 3st and was 10st 6llb but since then have just played at it! Anyway after nearly having a heart attack when I stepped on the scales last Monday and saw I was now 11st 13llb it was time to get back on!!! I'm very pleased I can still get in my size 14 clothes even though they are crippling me!!! Off on a night out in 2 weeks and would like to have lost half a stone by then. Do live SW though I love my food so much and on it I can eat all day!!!!