Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from?

Hello. I would like to give my Minding Buissness a name, but have no idea where to start. Any ideas where to get inspiration? I have no imagination what so ever!

My Surname is someone but don't really know if I should put that in somewhere or not. Dont want to use my first name as My husband might be being my assistant if things get going well so wouldn't want the name to exclude him.

I am spending a few hours today sorting out my paperwork, well at least while my LO is asleep! Want to be completly ready for mindees when I get registered.

Any ideas?

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from?

A lot of us bounced ideas of each other on here!

someoneCare Childminding ????

Have you any unique selling points, something about your setting that might be good to include, what about your area?

Will have a think!

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from

What about Incy wincys childminding ?

Spider web related? like the song incy wincy spider?
    Donna

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from?

oh very good MrsBumbles! Like it

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing I meant to ask...When thinking of a name, can I just do anything, or do I need to make sure there are no other childminders with that name? Obviously I wouldnt name myself the same as a childminder I know, but I dont know what they are all called, and don't really want to spend hours looking it all up?

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, what would you come under on the CIS website, your name or your business name?
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

Post Thanks / Like

I know one of our members named herself something a while back then found out someone else had the same name and they lived fairly close
    So our member changed her name

Pauline thought of " Little Angels " for me
    I was going to have " angels delights " but thought I might get some unsavoury people call thinking I meant something else haha

Angel xx

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

I think I might not bother actually. Think it might be more hassle than its worth. Do most of you have names?

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I have chosen KCS which stands for Karen's Childminding Services (but is also my intials if I was using my maiden name too!

Pipsqueak Guest

You can have your "business" name on the CIS website but on official paperwork (Ofsted) you will be J someone Registered Childminder.

I think having a business name helps you to stand out from the crowd - all you need to do is put it on all your paperwork/business cards etc and you will get known as that.

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My business is called "Morris Minors" as my surname is Morris. My hubby thought it up. We have a large logo which get put on adverts, letter heads and all posters and paperwork in the setting. It's gone down really well. Love the Incy Wincy Spider idea mentioned previously. Go for something fun and appealing to both adults and children. Good luck x

Pipsqueak Guest

I went with The Monkey House Childminding!!! (Courtesy of someone on here!)

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is Tadpole Childcare! my nickname is tadpole, long story not telling, not very interesting anyway!!!!

Good luck with the name, I thought about having one as it is nice for the children to have a special group name!

oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I am Wendy House Childminding. I use it on all my paper work and stuff.
    My dad thought it up years ago when he was seein into my future, he says 10yrs from now i will have my own Wendy House Nursey

It all comes from me being named wendy i suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    hey....who said that......show ur self......i no u r there.......I CAN HEAR U!!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am called Cheeky Monkeys Childminding,I even have my own website,and paid for a co.uk address but can't set it up properly,I will get round to it eventually.You need to do a bit of research first to see if any one has the same name or similar.
    Alyson x

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Incy Wincy too. I've ended up with the same name as someone else and there are 2 Little Sparkles but this was purely coincidental. I read someones website who was Little Stars and their byline was ..'where all children are stars' or something similar.

I tried to come up with a byline and came up with ....where every child can sparkle' and hence the name Little Sparkles Childminding. I'd made letterheads and logos plus hubby made me a sign for the house before I discovered that there was already a Little Sparkles.

I then did some asking around and there's no reason why you can't have the same name as someone else but its probably not a good idea if you are in the same area. I'm the only one in my area that has a business name but I think it creates a good impression and a professional image.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Please can you lovely ladies/guys please give me ideas for a childminding bussiness name based on "Berry" which is my surname.
    I've thought about "Sweet Berries childminding" "Little Berries childminding" or even "Berry sweet childminding".
    Please let me know what you think about the names above and let me know of any others you can think of...involving Berry/berries.
    Thanks a million

Jan 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from

Hi Ripeberry,

What about ' The Berrie Best Childminding Service'
    Donna

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

How about 'my bunch of berries childminding' or take out bunch, put childcare rather than childminding.

Hope that helps