Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: cypop5

Registered Childminder since
    sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop5

hi how long on average does it take to complete course the next one we can get on is in feb but are due to be registered in the next 2 weeks so will only have 6 weeks from the start of the course to finish before our 6 months are up.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

every area is different. My course was 3 full days in a row and then we were given 6 weeks to complete the assignment, but I have heard people on here saying they have done theirs over 12 weeks (just a couple hours in the evenings). Best to phone the local council and ask them.

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I did the ncma CYPOP5 and I have to say it was very long winded. It was marked within 10 weeks of submitting. A friend did the course at college over a few weeks and then study time, after comparing the two I felt ncma seemed to have put more in!!!! And after all this training and paperwork some parents STILL think we should work for peanuts! (not all I hasten to say and I LOVE my job) It was quite expensive £189 I think and my LA wouldn't fund it but would if I had attended college but that was too many months away. I'm glad I had finished it just before starting minding, but I know it's not always possible.

amo
    FF

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I started my CYPOP5 at the beginning of July and I have worked on it in a lot of my spare time. An hour in the afternoons when my two sleep and again in the evening. I have obviously had some evenings away from it but I am now on my last two tasks which I hope will be complete by the end of next week. My deadline was end of oct. If you need to complete in six weeks I think you will be putting in a lot of time. (I'm not saying it can't be done though - maybe I'm a slow worker) I'm doing mine with the Childcare company. X

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was run by Devon Child Minding Association, we did one full day a week for four weeks, with all the homework for each section in between. I had to do a couple of hours of homework a night.

On the plus side, we took our work with us to the next session, and the tutor looked over it and gave us any corrections on the spot, so by the end the only 'unmarked' work we had was from the last session.

Then we sent the whole portfolio off to the tutor, and got any final corrections back before we submitted it for assessment.

Start to finish for me, it was about five or six weeks total. But it was a lot of work, on top of my full time job, and I don't have children.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    training childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help

would anyone be able to help me on task 6 i am really stuck i just keep looking at in and cant seem to get anywhere..i really dont think i will ever do a online course again without a bit of help.anything will do i will be much appreciated

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i did mine through MNTTraining online. they give you 8weeks to do it. i did mine in 3 weeks but then went on holiday so left it for 2 weeks rechecked it before submitting.
    MNTtraining were cheaper then NCMA if having to pay for it yourself.
    jo