Should i buy my NCMA pack before i get my certicficate?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should i buy my NCMA pack before i get my certicficate?

i had my pre-reg visit a couple of weeks ago, am STILL waiting for my partners CRB form and for my registration certificate - should i purchase my NCMA pack now or is it advisable to wait until i get my certificate??

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I had mine before I had my certificate. Just means you are ready to go once you have your cert and gives you time to read thrugh it and understand it. Once the crb is back it's literally a few days and your cert will be here x

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

just went on the website and it says you can join now, but you have to have your registraion number within 90 days - think i'll get partner to chase up CRB form tomorrow and see if he can find anything out and then register for it!

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,from my CRB check to pre-reg visit-getting certifiate took 5 weeks,only just got certificate from Ofsted yesterday so joined NCMA and got liability insurance done to,I would wait awhile.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I was adviced not to by Ofsted as even though you've had your pre-reg visit it still has to be confirmed by someone on there side, so they could still say no. Dont want to scare you, mine went through fine but i waited to my certificate came through and the same day got my NCMA membership

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks a lot - i think i'll wait just as im having an issue with the safety of my daughters bedroom window which may hold things up

time_4_change Guest

im in the same situation, I had my pre-reg couple of weeks back, both mine and hubby CRB has come back fine. I phoned Ofsted on Thursday, They can't 'sign off' my registration has they're still waiting for hubby ss check to come back. Ive asked them to chase it and that I will ring back next week.

I want to buy my NCMA so I can get familiar with it, going to ring NCMA for advise.

I think you can purchase it then ring them when you want insurance to go live.

Leanne x

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

what is SS?

On the webiste it does say you can purchase the pack and insurance but within 90 days they will need your ofsted registered number

so i think it may be best to wait just to be on the safe side- if you find any more info out from NCMA do let me know

time_4_change Guest

SS = Social Services check. His CRB cert has come through so they shouldn't be any problems, I think they must be busy or something, dragging their feet

I hope to be starting minding in 90 days, ive waited long enough

I will let you know what they say, prob ring them on Monday. I just want my pack so I can get my head around it.

Leanne x

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

same here, i want to write my contracts and get to grips with all the accident forms and so forth before i start - im so tempted to buy mine now esepcially as my partners CRB form is through, but still think i need to wait for my certificate just in case! x

time_4_change Guest

Hi

I haven't spoke to NCMA yet, I have been really busy.

Ive been back on the phone to Ofsted today and we are still waiting for social check, its because my husband has lived in another town within the last 5 years, his crb and social check for where we are living now is fine. Ofsted are doing what they can but said it is a waiting game now, they said must be really busy . only good side is it is allowing me time to finish off policies and other paperwork.

Im getting stressed because I am working through a list then adding to it so it feels like I am getting no-where lol

x

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i no that feeling all too well! i just want to start on my contracts etc! how long has your partners CRB been there? my partners took 8 weeks - its so annoying how long it takes!!