Has anyone had trouble filling out the preparing for your regestration visit booklet
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone had trouble filling out the preparing for your regestration visit booklet

Hi

Has anyone had trouble filling out the preparing for your regestration visit booklet ?

Been filling it out for a few weeks now but still struggling with it, it is hard or is it just me ?

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only done half of mine i keep forgetting about it! The stuff i've done so far has been ok, i think providing i've done it right? But there are some questions which make you think. Probably just the way they're phrased? That's what the EYFS framework book is for though all the answers are in there.

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only don a few but then again i've not done any courses so i new some would be a little tricky for me

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

i did hardly any as i kept forgettig,she didnt even ask for it until she spotted it on my sofa &didnt really take much notice .just do what u can

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

2 ladies that were on my course are now registered one lady was asked every question in the book and the other wasn't asked hardly any. I've found quite a few link into my policies so i have written see behavior policy or see accidents and emergencies policy.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I really struggled!! Hadn't done any of my courses or had any help with EYFS so it was all a bit daunting!

Managed to get it filled in (in a fashion) for my pre-reg meeting and she asked me SIMILAR questions but not 1 that was straight out of the book!! So in my case i really needed to know it inside out (which i didn't)

Feel free to pm me and i'll help where i can x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are there any questions specially you are stuck with?

I researched them all when i wrote an e-book about the document recently - I am happy to help if I can

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I managed to fill mine out. I didnt get asked any questions directly out of the booklet but some that were simular and I got registered fine . If you need any help with paticular ones feel free to PM me.

Just relax though I was so nervous and I had no need to be Mrs O was lovely.

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me ages to do. I am glad I did it though because the inspector read through each and every answer and asked me to email her a copy after the visit to keep on file. So be careful with your answers and don't say that you will do anything if you don't think you will actually be able to do it. They could keep your answers and check up on them at the next visit ...

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have really struggled with this as well. I have had it for weeks now but I really struggle to answer some of the questions. It has made me realise how very little I really do know.

I am due to have my pre reg visit any day now and I am no where nearly ready

I am due to start on my induction training course in September but I should have had my visit by then and i am terrified....!!!

Lots of bedtime reading for me!

Good luck

Jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

The person who came to see me asked a few questions that were in the booklet but never wanted to see it - I was led to believe the booklet is a prop for you. It's meant to focus your thinking before the visit and aid your recollection if nerves or bad memory(as in my case) get in the way.

Which questions are you having problems with?

Sam x