Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiver for disqualification

Hi

I have signed my waiver form and ofsted called yesterday to say they are coming out to see me on Tuesday morning to talk about my disqualification and to chat about my incident 21 years ago (family row with my sister which ended in a fight I was 15 she was 19)
    The weird thing is ofsted said I was disqualified from working with children I have helped out in schools for 3 years, also helped with home start as a volunteer not once has anyone came back with this to me. I would of been mortfied that I have been banned from working with children.
    I am still helping at the school and I just hope they agree to my waiver.

She sounded ok just unsure of what to expect. I have also got to have a medical assessment done on Monday evening. Once these two things have been done then I should just be ready for pre-reg visit.

I have told ofsted I will not be paying for anything else i.e first aid course things for the house etc etc until they have been to see me. Luckily they did understand that.

july 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Im from lincoln

Im waiting for hubbys to come through his crb is now back with the police as they had forgotten to put down some info of the incident- This is my point all along they expect you to do do first aid etc with no guarentee of being registered

im certain we will be sent a waiver form he got a caution for battery against me im told this is the lowest form of violence by the police themselves

hope it goes ok

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hayleymarie33 View Post
    Hi

Im from lincoln

Im waiting for hubbys to come through his crb is now back with the police as they had forgotten to put down some info of the incident- This is my point all along they expect you to do do first aid etc with no guarentee of being registered

im certain we will be sent a waiver form he got a caution for battery against me im told this is the lowest form of violence by the police themselves

hope it goes ok
    I hope it will go ok too, Made me laugh as they wanted my £35 registration fee straight away. I was just so surprised that on the waiver it states that it is an offence to work with children in any provision. 3 years I have been working voluntary at the school. I have never been told I am banned from working with children I feel slightly upset that I am classed in the same bracket as someone who has commited offences against children (banned). But I also know if my child was being looked after i would want ofsted to have made sure that the people caring for my child had been looked into.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

But at 15 you were classed as a child yourself , i dont quite understand
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    But at 15 you were classed as a child yourself , i dont quite understand
    It does state any offence commited as a child against an adult and any offence as a adult against a child will be disqualified.

It is bizarre but they have stated as it is on my record as actual bodily harm I am banned from working in any child provision and ofsted need to come out and interview me and find out actual events of that day once they have been out they will then make the decision on waiving my ban.

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile It is frustrating!!

I had to apply for a waiver as my partner had been to prison before we met and I must say I was quite frustrated and annoyed at the prospect of not being able to follow my chosen career because of something he had done. I've been good all my life plus he wouldn't even be caring for the children anyway! At the same time, I would probably want to know if it was my child.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, just reading your problems with CRB disqualifications, I have just rec'd a letter regarding my partner's CRB, he's been disqualified and they are sending me a waiver form, although i was expecting this as he was done for ABH but it was 20 yrs ago when he was a teenager etc, I spk my Ofsted inspector on my pre-reg visit & she told me that it wasn't a "deal breaker" just be honest about it all, which we have. So, have you heard anything back from your waiver? Did Ofsted visit you or was it just the form & explanatory letter that was neccessary? I'm very interested to hear how it went for both of you? As, like you, I am waitng to work!! So frustrating! Thanks...

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there

My waiver was accepted! Yey! I was so chuffed when they waivered my partners disqualification! I really thought they wouldn't. I never asked my partner about what happened with regards to the offence as it was before we met and his business but obviously, due to the waiver, we were sent statements from the time it happened and allsorts so I read them and I'll be honest, I was shocked! I thought there is NO WAY Ofsted would waiver it. I won't go into detail but he was charged with GBH and ours got waivered. What I will say though, is be prepared. They do go into great detail!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is great news for you! Congrats! And, good news for me too I have to say, as it gives me hope! I have dug out an award he was given by the police for bravery a few years after his offence, thought it would do some good, show has he changed etc, how much detaildo they want? What did you provide? Thanks for your info, I really appreciate it.

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blades35 View Post
    Wow! That is great news for you! Congrats! And, good news for me too I have to say, as it gives me hope! I have dug out an award he was given by the police for bravery a few years after his offence, thought it would do some good, show has he changed etc, how much detaildo they want? What did you provide? Thanks for your info, I really appreciate it.
    Hiya

They want every detail! They wanted my partner to go over every detail, it was almost like he was going over his statement again which he wasn't happy about because obviously, this happened before we got together so I'm sure he didn't want it all dragged up. Good idea about the certificate, anything that you have that will help is all good. Just be confident and happy to discuss anything with the interviewer and it will be fine. I was so nervous but
    It went fine :-) oh, she asked me what I'd do if my partner got aggressive whilst I was minding children and I just looked at her like she had 2 heads, I just said that would never happen. And she was like, but what if it did?? So I just said well he'd have to leave, the children would be my priority.
    Hope this helps

Vic

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I have posted my waiver form back today? Just wondered how long it takes before they contact you? Sounds like we will get an interview from someone then? Do they make the decision there and then when they come out to see you and if they do say yes do they put any restrictions on your certificate of registration? Sorry for all the questions, I am so desperate to get the go ahead! I have over thirteen years childcare experience, and a clean record! It goes back to my partner who had a conviction of ABH whilst serving in the armed forces nine years ago!ahhh

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I know exactly how you feel, I was so frustrated and what makes it worse is, no they don't make the decision straight away, they say it can take up to 4 weeks as it has to got to a panel of 3 and they literally took the whole 4 weeks to get back to me with a decision. I waited a whole week for the last person on the panel to make their decision! I got told this is because they only meet once a month or something. It is a lengthy process that you don't need on top of everything else you have to worry about but I don't think you have anything to worry about especially with your experience with children already on your side
    I hope this helps :-)

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My disqualification has been waived too However as I have not been doing anything regarding childminding since waiting on this I am now lost in paperwork

I have spoken to ofsted this morning saying that they have got everything and it is all in place and to expect a call within a week or two

I am now trying to work out what I need done and ready if anyone can reply with a check list I would be so grateful.

xxxxx

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult isn't it. I actually just ploughed on anyway and did my course and first aid even though I was a bit of a risk but we get funding for most things here so I didn't spend too much cash!

Safety proof the house
    Policies
    Risk assessment
    I've got a folder with my fire drills and alarm checks in (mrs o was quite impressed with that)
    First aid box

Um.....have you got the EYFS?
    Just look in there at all the requirements

:-) yey! Congrats about the waiver!!

Xxx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, another waiver! This is really positive news! I don't mind the wait as such, I'm just praying we get the waiver approved! Thank you so much for the tips, I guess we should expect an interview too. I sent my form off yesterday with details of his bravery commendation (kiss, kiss! ) but anything that will help, I said in the form how much he's changed, good person, long time ago etc etc, fingers crossed.

I've done all my training & first aid etc months ago, I finished my course in November! Only got my CRB back in March, it has taken forever! I think I will have a HUGE celebration if/when I get my certificate!

My pre-reg inspector was very nice, she asked me about situations and how I would implement the EYFS, but they were quite straight forward, checked the glass on my windows to see if they were safe, and make sure your kitchen worktops are clutter free, no cleaning products etc.

Hopefully, I'll post soon with another waiver to cheer about! Thanks again!
    x

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Eeek, Ofsted got my wiaver form on Monday & i had a call from an inspector today to arrange the interview! So she's coming on Monday to meet me & my partner to discuss the details of his offence etc, God, i'm sooooo nervous, i guess as for the first time it's out of my hands & I'm relying on my partner, it's all down to him I suppose!!! He's eager to meet her & happy to talk about it all, so at least he's fully on board, but still makes me nervous, GULP! Just got to arrange for my daughter to be looked after, I think it'd be better if she wasn't here, as she's 14 months and a bit of a handful!

Well, here goes....fingers crossed!!!!
    xxx

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

wow! Thats quick, they got mine last wednesday and still not had a phone call, I have rung twice to try and hurry them up too! Lets hope they ring me soon!

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for monday, i'll be keeping everything crossed. I'm a little worried about my hubby crb as he go into trouble almost two years ago, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time pub fight and he ended up hitting someone and got charged, he's never hit anyone b4. I was so when i found out.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot guys, I appreciate it, I hope they get back to you soon, to be honest, I'm glad it's happening soon, as another long nervous wait would do me in, but I guess this is the last hurdle, and then I should know once & for all! I'm sure you OH's incident will be OK, it was a charge, and not a conviction (like my fella's!) Well, keep everything crossed & I'll let you know how it goes on Monday!
    x

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope today went well! Got a phone call today, think due to me keep chasing it up! Got our interview on Wednesday. Then apparently goes to a pnael next Thursday to decide! Guess its all just a waiting game!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast