Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck - fingers crossed!!
    “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least you have a date now, god I know exactly how you're feeling, I was exactly the same, nervous as hell and realising that it was all down to my other half! I was in the kitchen making tea & I could hear her asking him questions and i was going "No, don't say that, say this" etc but honestly it was fine, she was very nice and not judgemental at all, if anything i felt she was understanding, re-iterating that he was young when it happened and understood etc. She said they wanted to make sure that we weren't a volatile couple, and (as he was drunk when it happened) what he drinks these days, do we drink at home, how he felt about me having children here all day, is he supportive of me, that sort of thing, but it was mainly about what exactly happened on the day of the offence, got his side of the story. Good luck hun, try not to worry too much, I'll be keeping everything crossed, let me know how it goes.xxx

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted coming tomorrow Please keep us in your thoughts, so hope it goes well. As it due to hubby i'm guessing they won't talk to me much. She said she'll be here 3.30ish . Has anyone heard sooner then the 4wks??What about if they say no can i still be a nanny, i'm really starting to worry now

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

How did it go??? Was it yesterday? I heard back the same week, but it was as the "panel" were meeting that week. I hope it went ok and you don't feel so worried now, my interviewer really managed to put my mind at ease and make me feel confident. Anyway, it's all over now, you've done you're best and everything that was asked of you. I'm sure it'll be fine. xxx

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I won't find out till two wks tomorrow as thats when the panel are sitting again. The lady was really nice didn't say either your be fine or not just 50/50. She did say we can appeal if they say no and that i can still nanny if it doesn't work out. I feel please it over for now and hub answered all the questions, so it's just a waiting game now. She gave me so advice for when i have my pre visit hopefully.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

That's annoying, another 2 week wait, ergh! But i'm sure it'll a positive result. Like you, I was thinking what to do if it was a no, and I found a website especially for Nannies with their own children, "little angels" or something, so Nannying is an option, but i'm sure it won't come to that. Try not to stress in your wait, I'll check back to see how it's all gone in two weeks. EVerything crossed for you hun.

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It been waiverd i'm so happy All i'm waiting for now is a call for my pre reg visit. Thank you all for all your help adn thinking of me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news! Well done for sticking with it

June 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zumba-mum View Post
    It been waiverd i'm so happy All i'm waiting for now is a call for my pre reg visit. Thank you all for all your help adn thinking of me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    That's great news, now onwards and upwards

Jacqui

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

WAHOOOOO!!!!! Well done sweetheart, What a relief! Good luck with everything. I'mnow waiting for my toolkit & insurance to arrive and then hit the ground running! Well done!xxxx

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Who did you go with?? I've got my pre reg visit this Friday Can't wait thou. Have you any parents waiting.

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thats fab news! Told you there was nothing to worry about!!!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, i went with NCMA, I've had a few enquiries and passed my details on, I have a 16 month old so am at sll the playgroups & playgrounds etc, so meet quite a few mums that way, How about you? any leads? We have "Meet the Minder" meetings (like speed-dating for parents & Childminders) in my borough, so will be attending them too! x

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What a good idea. I have a 2yr and 5yr old myself so they sure keep me busy, i've had a few look at my profile but nothing really just waiting for mt visit then go from there. What made you go with NCMA i really don't know which one to chose.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, i didn't really know which one to chose either, so I figured parents would be more familiar with NCMA, plus you get automatic membership, which i thought can only be a good thing, but i don't think there's much difference!?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123