Waiver for disqualification
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Should hopefully have a decision by the end of the week, whether waiver been accepted or not. Fingers crossed!

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwoman80 View Post
    Should hopefully have a decision by the end of the week, whether waiver been accepted or not. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck and I have got my fingers crossed for you . x

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

we are being sent a waiver due to hubby's crb, I'm so upset. Any good advice ladies.

Superwoman any news?

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

WAAAHHHHOOOO!!! Another waiver guys!!!! PHEW!!!! We had the interview a week last Monday, the panel were meeting today & I was told I'd hear by tomorrow, but the lady called me about an hour ago as she knew I was anxious to know, she said it had all been waivered and i'd recieve it all in writing in about a week, then my certificate will be on it's way! What a MASSIVE relief, I've been in knots all day, so anxious. So thanks for all your advice, and I'm sure yours will be waivered too, they seem to be reasonable with the waivers, but it is one hell of a nervewracking process, having your future in someone else's hands!

Good luck with the interview and everything!

Yipeeeeee! I think I may indulge in a glass of plonk tonight to celebrate!

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well done i'm glad it's finally over for you hun.How long did it take? Enjoy your drinks I won't het a visit till this is cleared so i've still got away to go

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, Thanks hun, so glad it's over too. I sent my waiver form off on the 29th July and lady came to us for interview on 8th August, and heard back today, so that part was quite quick, but the lengthy part was the wait for my partners CRB, that took forever, i sent them both off at the same time, and i got mine back in March, his came back end of July, and a few days later I got the disqualification letter from Ofsted. I included a couple of personal references for my partner with the waiver form, on advice from the interviewer, so maybe get some ready for your other half.

I will keep everything crossed for you, and I totally know what your going through! I was actually looking at Nanny options last night! Thinking what i would do if it was refused!!

Good luck, let us know how you go!

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blades35 View Post
    Hiya, Thanks hun, so glad it's over too. I sent my waiver form off on the 29th July and lady came to us for interview on 8th August, and heard back today, so that part was quite quick, but the lengthy part was the wait for my partners CRB, that took forever, i sent them both off at the same time, and i got mine back in March, his came back end of July, and a few days later I got the disqualification letter from Ofsted. I included a couple of personal references for my partner with the waiver form, on advice from the interviewer, so maybe get some ready for your other half.

I will keep everything crossed for you, and I totally know what your going through! I was actually looking at Nanny options last night! Thinking what i would do if it was refused!!

Good luck, let us know how you go!
    Great news!! My got waivered too! Ours was heard by the panel today but like you felt sick with worry!! I not had a pre registration visit yet and not really done any preparing towards it because was worried the waiver but not get passed.
    Now panic stations! But at least over one hurdle!

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What does the waiver say/ what kind of questions? Who shell i get references from ie friends old bosses of mine who know hubby(nannying bosses)

Keeping everything crossed. xxxxx

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I backed my waiver form up with Two references for me as I am a TA from work collegues. For my partner( who had the criminal record) references from his work, he used to be in Army so a few old ones from them. I also enclosed a letter stating how it was a mistake, all the experience I have had working with children, described the incident and how long ago it was and it was a one off and that he had always declared this right from the beginning that he had an offence as we knew it would show up.

You will proberly get an interview like we did she was really lovely and said although she didnt make the overall decision thought it would be fine. She basically asked about the offence and wanted details of what happened and the punishment he got fo it. He got done for ABH 9 years ago. She asked me a few questions too about what I would do if it happened again, obviously it wont but she wanted to know. Mine went to panel today and got past. Know how you are feeling I have been driving everyone mad worrying but sure it will be fine. Hope this helps.

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I nannied for a family for 10 years and they no my husband so i'll get them to write one, do you think a printed of email from them will be ok?? they will have there contact details on too. It's just a ****** nightmare. Also i've paid out money for stuff and £45 for my course which starts in sep

for getting your cleared

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I am sure you wil be fine! Its the waiting thats the hardest point! Yeh I would get a reference from them, even an email anything that you thing will help. Let us know how it goes.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I also included 2 personal references for myself from old friends, but past employers would be good, and for my partner again it was just 2 personal references, the interview lady asked all the details and circumstances surrounding the conviction (it was 20 yrs ago & he was drunk & got into a fight) but she was very understanding and said that she felt it would be fine, but it was ultimately up to the panel. She asked us questions like "Are you a volatile couple?" "Do you drink now at home?" etc The interview was much easier than I thought it would be. I'm sure it'll be fine hun, but it's ****** nerve wracking. I paid out for all my course, first aid etc ages ago, I even got daily dairies, journals, planners etc, too keen perhaps?

Everything crossed for you! Let us know!
    xxxxxx

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I received the waiver this morning. I have three references from old nanny job's i'll send with it, i'm a little confused as it's my hubby who's been in trouble so has the waiver go to be filled out by him??

sep2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I was confused too I filled it out as me so where it says about convictions etc I put I hadnt got any. But then there was a scetion where I put see attached letter and discussed it in there. When inspector came out she said if it was my partner who wanted to become my assistant then he would have had to fill it out in his name hope that helps. They never make any form easy!

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i have sent my form off they should get it wednesday
    So hope it doesn't take long, will they ring to say they have got it?? Or then they have decided the next step. I'm so going to HATE this part. Thanks for all your help.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, once they've received your form, they should ring you to arrange a visit, they will need you & your partner there, as it'll be mainly him they want to talk to (she chatted to mine alot whilst I was in the kitchen making tea) so he may need to take some time off work, mine left work early. She wasn't here too long, about an hour. I didn't wait too long before i got the call, a few days. Good luck sweetheart, i know how you are feeling, ERGH!! But be positive - Keeping everything crossed for you! Let us know when you hear back!
    xxx

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It will mean hub will prob have to take a day off which will mean he won't get paid .Wil keep you up dated

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, my fella lost pay too, so annoying! x

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I know they're only doing there job but it still makes me when you hear people who work with children end up turning out to be not nice at all.

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a call from ofsted, there coming Thursday round 3.30. Please keep everything crossed. I'm so worried, don't know what to expect. As it's due to hubby will they still ask me questions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast