How long can you defer childminding?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long can you defer childminding?

Hello all, I am due to be registered any day, however, my son didn't get the school we wanted in our catchment area, the school we got is over a mile away, so car journey it is every day. So my plans of taking children on from Sept for the local school has gone a bit pear shaped! If I can't find any children for Sept and I defer my childminding for 6/12 months, do you have to do anything again or have to re-register with Ofsted? I am still awaiting results of the cache level 3 CYPOP5 how to set up a home based childcare service, the screen says it all satisfactory so i assume it is a pass, just waiting for the certificate to be sent out. So my plan at the moment is to stay in my job, get my face known at the school, then see if i start up my business for next year. If this is the case, will I still be able to claim back start up costs/expenses from HRMC if/when I do my first tax return? Thank you x

Registered Childminder since
    july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't get the school you wanted...

Hmmm, not sure about the expenses/tax side of things, but hopefully someone else will be .

Your registration is valid for 3 years, though they may put pressure on you to relinquish it if you're not minding. You're under no obligation though

bws,
    Wendy