Shall I send off my application ??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shall I send off my application ??

Hi all,
    I have just finished my pre-reg and I'm wondering when to send off my application to Ofsted ?
    I currently work in a nursery, I've handed in my notice and leave on the 13th June I want to start childminding as soon as possible after that. I know it can take a while to get registered so my initial thought was to send if off now. My problem is, building work for an extension on the back of my house is due to begin (hopefully will be finished end of May )
    Would it be ok to be inspected if the alterations are still on going ??

Just found this site and it's proven so useful and I'm not even registered yet!!
    Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there i sent my forms off on the 20th of jan and my pre-reg visit from ofsted (prospectus) wasnt untill the 17th march, i gt my certificate yesterday, so ur building work may be completed by the time it comes to ur visit or just risk asses it.

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I'm sort of in the same situation, I havent sent my application off yet, we are due to start building work for a first floor extension in the next couple of weeks, it'll be done about June time, but I think as I don't intend to start CMing til about Sept it should be ok - I don't plan on using the side of the house which is having the building done so as it isn't part of the registration I don't thinki it'll matter - the only issue will be our garden which has roof trusses and such like in at the moment, but if needs be I'll ask them to register without the garden and then see if they can add it on once its clear and works are done.

Tobb x