Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default JUST RECIVED MY CRB FORMS THROUGH, DONT UNDERSTAND THEM

HI ALL IVE JUST GT MY CRB BITS THROUGH THEYVE SENT ME AN APPLICATION FORM (PURPLE), IDENTITY VERIFICATION FORM (BLUE), I DONT UNDERSTAND DO I HAVE TO SEND MY ID OFF OR CAN I TAKE IT IN TO THE POLICW STATION TO BE VERIFIED, BUT I THOUGHT OFSTED DONE THIS ON THERE VISIT, AND THEY ALSO WANT ORIGIONALS I CAND SEND MY DRIVING LICENCE AND PASSPORT THROUGH THE POST, I AM NOW OFFICAILLY STUCK CAN SOME 1 EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE X

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am waiting for my crb forms to come through from ofsted so not actually seen them yet, but they told me that I would have to get a professional to do the verification bit. I have a friend who's a Health Visitor and they said that would be fine. Hope that helps! x

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you got your Ofsted pre-reg insoection booked. I had to get mine filled out with documents ready and the inspector verified them and took them back with her.

Hope this helps x

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

no it says an inspector will contact you to arrange a registration visit with in 7 weeks of reciving tour competed crb disclosure, and application forms, if i dont send them they will not process my registration ??? im confused

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you? country?

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

im in cambridge, cambridgeshire

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe give Ofsted a call then? I'm not sure as i didn't have to send mine off, unless anyone else comes along with some advice.

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

hi thankyou for your advice, it says on there for a proffesional person, childcare proffesional so im hoping my friend can do it, from wht i understand now from not panicing lol, is i have to get a proffesional to sign to say theyve seen my documents send the blue n purple form off together and then mrs o checks them again on her visit ??? i think, thankyou 4 ur advise

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted told me they wouldn't arrange a pre-inspection visit until they had received my completed crb forms! Not sure if it is different in different areas - or ofsted just keep changing their minds!

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

it says that on my letter, so im guessing its right, but i thought they came anyways, but obiously not so get these forms sent off asap !! now, more paper work lol x

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlee1986 View Post
    no it says an inspector will contact you to arrange a registration visit with in 7 weeks of reciving tour competed crb disclosure, and application forms, if i dont send them they will not process my registration ??? im confused
    you fill in the purple one and the first page of the blue one get someone to sign the second page of the blue one as a ref then send all forms back with ID in the provided envalope add registered post for safe delivery

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,
    You don't have to actually send of your ID documents. The professional is signing to say they have actually seen them. You then send the forms off in the envelope & when they have made all the relevant checks you will get a copy of the CRB sent in the post directly to you. After this you will receive a phonecall from Ofsted to arrange your pre-reg visit (although I have had to badger them about mine!)
    Hope this helps you x

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou all for the advice, i thought i still got the phone call wether i filled them in or not, but now i now get these forms filled in asap !!! hope this process dont take to long, tasha are u from cambridge too ?? x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Tash's comments, you need to fill out all forms then send them back, Ofsted will then contact you to arrange your pre-inspection visit. Don't think they actually need to see all your ID as you have had this verified. Send back all together - I didn't then got all forms sent back saying they were waiting for the other ones!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, if you have to send them before Ofsted come, you don't send the actual ID items. The person who verifies your ID items and has known you for 2(?) years signs to say what they have seen and that you are who you say!

then send off CRB and verification form.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou all, i think i understand now, got my blue form filled in tonight from a child care proffesional, so there ready for monday, reorded delivery again lol.

thankyou all rly helpful xxx

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, not sure if you've already sent them off but take a note of the crb ref numbers and then you can track their progess online - will take about a week from when Ofsted receive them and input data, and then pass on to crb people. If you've already done it, you can phone Ofsted and they will give you your ref no. Its handy to be able to track yourself, although I'm getting slightly obsessed with looking at the progess!
    hth, good luck!

MAR 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

hi hedi, i sent them tues and had a call today to say theyve recives ive nored down the number so i can track it now just waiting for it all to come back and the the call from mrs o x