pre reg inspection tomorrow and I have my dd and nephew, what should I do?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pre reg inspection tomorrow and I have my dd and nephew, what should I do?

As the title says, Ive got the pre reg inspection tomorrow and I have already started minding my nephew. Ofsted said this was fine.

My problem is that even though I have my 8 month old nephew lots any way, since I have started minding him he hasnt really settled, I think he is missing his mum and has to be on my knee all of the time. He screams if I put him down.

My dd 2 1/2 is finding it hard to share me so is also very clingy (did I really want all this ) so my days for the past 2 weeks have been 2 screaming children stuck to me.

Do I get dh to take the morning off work and take the children out while she is here or do I just have the inspection with the lo's here. I know for a real inspection they want to see you with the lo's but how long will she be here and will I have loads of questions and loads to show her?????

What shall I do? I'm worn out now and cant make a decision

Thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: pre reg inspection tomorrow and I have my dd and nephew, what should I do?

You need to concentrate during your pre-reg inspection.

The inspector will want to talk to you and ask you lots of questions from your pre-reg booklet.

If I were you I'd do whatever necessary to be able to focus.

Good luck

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pre reg inspection tomorrow and I have my dd and nephew, what should I do?

Hi

My pre-reg visit was over 2 hours! I was lucky that my hubby was amusing my 11 month old and my 4 year old.

You do need to be able to concentrate and think about what you are saying and yes you need the opportunity to show your paperwork. I'm sure they will understand if it turns out you have to children clinging to you throughout the visit, but it may be a bit more stressful for you.

Good luck with it.

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi.

I have my own 9mth old baby and 3 year old and they are sleeping at my mums next wed night and i'll collect them after my pre reg inspection on thu. I want to concentrate on my pre reg and i dont think its far on the boys to have to amuse themselves for 2 hours.

I would ask hubby to take them out whilst you have your inspection hun.

xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, I decided to follow your advice and get dh to have lo's this morning and soooo glad I did.

She was here 3 hours but everything went really well. No recommendations so I should be all set in the next few days

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your inspection went well. It's been good to hear everyones advice on this...I've got mine next Monday and was going to do it with dd, 3 1/2 and ds 11months at home...may rethink!!

Hannahx

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I had dd 1yr with me whilst having my pre reg and I'd asked the inspector if I should get someone to have her and she was quite adament (sp) that there was no need.

We had a couple of distractions with her asking for toys etc but that was good as she got to see some of the resources available. I sat on the floor for most of the 2.5 ish hrs.

If you feel you won't be able to concentrate it may be easier without lo's especially if a little clingy. Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hard to concentrate when there is lots of noise so dh having the lo's was the best thing for me.

No way I would have stayed calm if they were here