Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Food Hygiene Question

Hi there.

I noticed on a couple of posts that some people have done the food hygiene course online with the virtual college? I am interested in doing it but just wanna triple, triple check that ofsted and environmental health will accept the certificate you will receive at the end as I can't afford to just spend that money if people aren't sure IYKWIM

Thanks in advance xx

Michelle - Little Monkeys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Food Hygiene Question

I did an online food hygiene course and it said in the information about the course that it was acceptable for environmental health and Ofsted.
    But I rang my local environmental health office and ofsted, gave them the name and details of the course and asked if it was recognised by them before I started it.
    They confirmed it was ok so I did the course.
    I would contact them and check before starting it just to be on the safe side.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did the same as Sleddon and checked with the local Environmental Health before taking the course (Ofsted weren't interested).

EH said it was fine as it was registered as CPD (continuing professional development).

I will do more from Virtual College I think in the future as that one was good.

Have you seen Pauline's threads about them here?

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...splay.php?f=77

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you do one check that your LA doesn't offer them as a part of their EYFS workshop scheme (or whatever it's called). I did an online course and my LA paid for it. Well ... I did pay for annual membership to acces all sort of training but it only cost me £15 for the whole year and I can attend unlimited number of workshops.