Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Crb Disqualification..

Hey folks

In the late stages of becoming a childminder and was just waiting for final decision from Ofsted. My partner committed an offence 6 and a half years ago. I mentioned on here before. New Years day silly o'clock in the morning - a drunk guy lunged at him and he (also drunk) hit this guy with the bottle he had in his hand. No damage done to the bloke as such just a couple of scratches whereas my other half had to have stitches in his hand. He was on conditional discharge for 12 months, pleaded guilty under self defence and never committed a crime since. However on the crb this was classed as assault occasioning actual bodily harm..

My partner received a letter today saying he was disqualified to work with children and would mean disqualification for me. They said i can apply for a disqualification waiver (which they are sending out the paperwork for next week) where we have... to both fill out forms with exact details of the offence for them to 'judge' as it were to see if it is deemed necessary. Then they will either accept the waiver or reject it - either way I will know within a couple of weeks. So now just hanging on by a tiny thread - but there is still a bit of hope....

This has been such a lengthy process, I'm really hoping I can see some light at the end of the tunnel soon. Even if I can't be a childminder its the waiting to know as I can't even 'move on' yet as it were..

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crb Disqualification..

I really feel for you, it is such a long process and the waiting even without your worry is exhausting. Considering the circumstances it does sound to me (although I'm no expert) like there is still quite a lot of hope. It was in self defence, long ago and he has not comitted any offences since.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Keep your chin up!

xx

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh bless ya heart

sorry you hvaing to go through this, fingers crossed for you

xx
    Jennie x x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you not - worst case scenario - request some sort of condition of registration that your OH is not in the house during minding hours?? Afterall you did not commit the 'offense' ???
    Blessed Be!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that would be unfair to my partner - if I have to mind a child till 5.30 or say 6pm. He finishes work at 4. It's not worth the relationship strain to tell him he's not allowed in the house until I'm done. And what if he's ill? It's not worth the hassle that it would cause to be honest. I'm just gonna have to sit tight and see. xx

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it all turns out ok for you x

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! If they don't allow you to childmind maybe you could be a nanny?
    JoJo x

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

nannying would be an idea - but not sure if I would be allowed to cart my 2 year old with me? I suppose it would be down to the parents.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear this its such Such a shame ...............See what comes when you send back the paperwork

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1984chelle View Post
    nannying would be an idea - but not sure if I would be allowed to cart my 2 year old with me? I suppose it would be down to the parents.
    there are nannies out there that take their children along with them hun, you don't tend to get paid as well as not in sole charge of their children. But fingers crossed the appel goes in your favour.

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, I have a question about this. Why on earth would your partner be disqualified from working with children?? GBH or ABH has nothing to do directly with children. This does not make sense, and I would suggest you ask for more information about this.

In addition to this, 7 years ago I applied for a job, which I added an extra A level on my application form, fully knowing that I only had 1 A level, when the job required 2. Sometime later, when I had started the job, I was asked for a certificate, and eventually had to admit that I only had 1 A level. I resigned, but my company pursued this, and I had to go to my local police station. I admitted the offence, and accepted a caution.
    When I applied to become a childminder, I wrote a letter explaining the full details of my caution, and assuring them that I had learnt my lesson. Maybe you could do this with your application.

As I say I do not understand why you partner is disqualified from working with children. Assault against an adult, should not effect you working with children. You definitely need to look into this.

I hope this helps

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

so I sent off the disqualification waiver form today by recorded delivery...now it's a waiting game

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck . i'm in a similar situation just waiting for ofsted to say if dh is "suitable" or not. hope you get the answer you hope for. how long till you know?

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

they didnt give me a time scale so dont know yet. How long have u been waiting? x

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

been pre reg since may but have been waiting on this decision since last wk

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

so sent off my forms recorded delivery on the 20th sept. phoned up yesterday and they said that they hadn't received them!!! I was absolutely fuming! I went home from work early to locate the proof of posting when they rang my house saying they had found the info - so obviously this means they have had it another week without doing anything and im still no wiser to a decision! Arggh

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

how annoying!! fingers crossed for you. i had ofsted out today to go over dhs ss records went fairly well hoping for a decision next wk x

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Crb Disqualification..

Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Had a phone call from Osted this morning - saying we have some good news..Congratulations we have accepted your waiver!

Certificate should be in the post this week and then I can sort out my insurance..almost doesn't seem really after the lengthy wait - but I'm so happy xx

dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Crb Disqualification..

I am so pleased for you, well done. What a relief for you both. You can now concentrate on your new career.
    Good luck
    Dawn x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant - what a relief! Well done and good luck with the minding!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast