Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ####NEWSFLASH####

on my icp course this evening one of the ladies who recently had their OFSTED pre reg was told by OFSTED that the box folders on the NCMA website are NOT suitable for storing paperwork in ie: confidential files etc, they still need to be kept in a lock and key type cabinet/unit

http://shop.*************/file-case-only-1142-0.html

OUR TUTOR SAID THESE ARE ADVERTISED AS SUITABLE AND OFSTED REGULATED and has said to warn everyone this may now not be the case so to check with OFSTED first before you purchase or decide to buy or if you are using it already

just a heads up

x x x
    Jennie x x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ####NEWSFLASH####

Oh so Ofsted want us to have houses like Fort Knox now do they.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well the mighty ofsted can go and take a run and jump because thats all i have and thats all im going to have! it was ok with them at my last inspection and it will be ok at my next, and tough t***y if its not

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my paperwork in a lockable box file got it from argos for £15
    IS BACK

onceinabluemoon Guest

I was told that on my ICP too so bough a cheap lockable, brightly coloured, file box from woolies. My inspector thought that was fine.

It doesn't cost much and yet ensures parents private stuff is kept private.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I was told that on my ICP too so bough a cheap lockable, brightly coloured, file box from woolies. My inspector thought that was fine.

i was told too aswell, i thought everyone had to keep records secure?
    IS BACK

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post

But then how is that different than the NCMA one?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    But then how is that different than the NCMA one?
    NCMA is not lockable i dont think

mine is made from metal, and has an intergrated lock

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C14419006.htm
    Last edited by Hebs; 22-06-2010 at 08:30 AM.
    IS BACK

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    haven't got one but it is advertised as lockable

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The NCMA one has a padlock. Hebs the one you have is not suitable anymore as it's removable - ie you can pick it up remove from the premises & force open....that is now the issue
    Blaze x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post

mine is made from metal, and has an intergrated lock
    You can put a lock through the NCMA ones, but because of the way they're made (folded plastic, held by flaps), you could just undo the side flaps & get to the into it that way.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

and do you know what i keep all my records and files on a shelf in my office and not one inspector in the 10 years i have been registered have EVER said anything about them

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i've got the ncma box and no inspector has ever commented.
    Blessed Be!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

But surely any lockable file boxes are then not sutiable as they can be picked up and carried off the premises????

Mine in a solid plastic box that locks with a padlock - is this now not suitable?

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    and do you know what i keep all my records and files on a shelf in my office and not one inspector in the 10 years i have been registered have EVER said anything about them
    same here.........14yrs..................you wouldn't even know they were there or what they are as they are not labelled
    personally I think lockable filing cabinets are more suitable for group settings where more people could have access to the info ............here it is me and my family...........no one else
    but no doubt eventually I will have to comply......sigh!

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cj1973 View Post
    But surely any lockable file boxes are then not sutiable as they can be picked up and carried off the premises????

Mine in a solid plastic box that locks with a padlock - is this now not suitable?
    My understanding that anything removable is not suitable now...hence locakable cabinet etc being cited! Oh & it doesn't surprize me that files on shelves have never been commented on either - typical OFSTED!
    Blaze x

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my stuff is locked in the metal lockable file, and kept in a locked cupboard
    IS BACK

TheBTeam Guest

I do not have space to have a lockable filing cabinet screwed to the floor, why on earth is someone going to steal a piece of paper saying a kid comes here and pays x amount per blooming hour for, mine are in the purple NCMA boxes, it looks like childminding stuff!!

If i put it in any other boxes it could be anything and more likely to attract attention while they work out what is in there, i dont even lock my passports and driving licenses away, I am not going to get a flippin great cabinet to keep the stuff in end of!

I am sure if someone came to ransack my house the last thing they would want to worry about is i look after little johnny on a tuesday for £5 an hour!!!!!!!!!! But as that seems to be the case at least my 42" tv and passport and jewellery would be safe! What a numpty burglar that would bother to steal an NCMA purple case full of paperwork.

My family know who the kids are why do they want to rummage through the paperwork either, it is upstairs and out of the way and no one gives it a second thought!

Except obviously now the new style burglar who forgoes goodies for a childminding contract!

And 18months ago on my dh's ICP they were specifically told it is good to use the purple boxes!
    Last edited by TheBTeam; 22-06-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    I do not have space to have a lockable filing cabinet screwed to the floor, why on earth is someone going to steal a piece of paper saying a kid comes here and pays x amount per blooming hour for, mine are in the purple NCMA boxes, it looks like childminding stuff!!

If i put it in any other boxes it could be anything and more likely to attract attention while they work out what is in there, i dont even lock my passports and driving licenses away, I am not going to get a flippin great cabinet to keep the stuff in end of!

I am sure if someone came to ransack my house the last thing they would want to worry about is i look after little johnny on a tuesday for £5 an hour!!!!!!!!!! But as that seems to be the case at least my 42" tv and passport and jewellery would be safe! What a numpty burglar that would bother to steal an NCMA purple case full of paperwork.

My family know who the kids are why do they want to rummage through the paperwork either, it is upstairs and out of the way and no one gives it a second thought!

Except obviously now the new style burglar who forgoes goodies for a childminding contract!
    My jewerlery is under the sink LOL
    Blaze x

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    The NCMA one has a padlock. Hebs the one you have is not suitable anymore as it's removable - ie you can pick it up remove from the premises & force open....that is now the issue
    So we now have to have a big filing cabinet (which could be moved if really wanted ) or lockable files screwed into our walls perhaps. This is just getting ridiculous soon our homes will have to be like fort knox .

Surely as long as they are in a file possibly out of view this would be acceptable.

In my opinion if someone wanted to access a cupborad/filing cabinet etc regardless of locks they will get in ( Where I used to work-non cm place) we came in after the weekend and found that someone HAD taken the filing cabinet. Luckily for us it was an old one and all the paperwork had been moved to new premisies the week before as we were moving offices. But it can be done...

Sorry but I think things are just going too daft. I understand that things have to be confidential but do people know where your paperwork is kept if in a cupboard which cupboard..sooo shocked (this is my opinion and I understand that confidentiality is an issue but as other comments made on here Ofsted havent said anything on storage...

what is the world coming toooo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast