Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ####NEWSFLASH####

i got a smilar file anyhow - only keep blank aperwork in it - ob sheets etc as easier to find then lol

x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it all boils down to where you keep your box.

If it is in the hall by the front door where anyone could grab it when you open the door then yes, it is not suitable storage! If it is in your bedroom behind wardrobe doors then it is fine.

I think ICP course tutors occasionally go OTT
    Pauline x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has reminded me to fix mine!
    Its a metal lockable one, but i stood on it once when i was trying to reach something (only 5ft 3 so need a bit of help!) and now its bent out of place a little so the lock doesn't click down. Need DP to push it back.
    Nobody has tried to steal it so far....they would have to go in to the playroom -that is a task in itself some days- then know where to look for it.

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What do we need to keep in the "lockable" container and what can we keep on the shelves?

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    I think it all boils down to where you keep your box.

If it is in the hall by the front door where anyone could grab it when you open the door then yes, it is not suitable storage! If it is in your bedroom behind wardrobe doors then it is fine.

I think ICP course tutors occasionally go OTT

lol

so true

xx
    Jennie x x

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: ####NEWSFLASH####

The NCMA file is flimsy and it has Childminder written all over it. Literally. Like labeling something TOP SECRET to stop people looking. I use mine for blank forms etc but thats all.

sep 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have only just got the NCMA box, which is lockable with a padlock and that will have to do tbh. What's the most terrible thing that can happen - if I get burgled are they really going to run off with a blinking purple plastic box rather than all my wordly goods????? No-one who comes into my home are in the least bit interested in stuff about the kids I mind, so they're not going to rifle through it and I'm here anyway. I keep saying the same thing I WANT TO LOOK AFTER CHILDREN - I am not a teacher, I am not an admin assistant and my home is NOT a flipping multi-national company with lockable metal files all over the place. I look after children in my home. Ofsted need to get a grip.

The more people I meet the more I love my dog

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

But.....I will have it in a locked box, my house

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

all my paperwork is kept in box files when child leaves or lever arch when still in my setting then they are kept on a shelf in my office,ofsted have never queried this

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    I do not have space to have a lockable filing cabinet screwed to the floor, why on earth is someone going to steal a piece of paper saying a kid comes here and pays x amount per blooming hour for, mine are in the purple NCMA boxes, it looks like childminding stuff!!

If i put it in any other boxes it could be anything and more likely to attract attention while they work out what is in there, i dont even lock my passports and driving licenses away, I am not going to get a flippin great cabinet to keep the stuff in end of!

I am sure if someone came to ransack my house the last thing they would want to worry about is i look after little johnny on a tuesday for £5 an hour!!!!!!!!!! But as that seems to be the case at least my 42" tv and passport and jewellery would be safe! What a numpty burglar that would bother to steal an NCMA purple case full of paperwork.

My family know who the kids are why do they want to rummage through the paperwork either, it is upstairs and out of the way and no one gives it a second thought!

Except obviously now the new style burglar who forgoes goodies for a childminding contract!

And 18months ago on my dh's ICP they were specifically told it is good to use the purple boxes!

We had a laugh on our ICP how the boxes were lockable, but could be unfolded. But we were assured that these were Ofsted approved. My inspector never mentioned anything about it, and I got it out in front of her to demonstrate my confidentiality. I am not about to get a safe hidden behind some posed oil painting portrait of myself set into my cavity wall!
    Live & let live

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just reading all the repies that were posted whilst I was typing.....made me giggle, so to round of what has beeen a pretty s**t day for my, I'm gonna go to bed on that note. thanks for the laugh people, night night. xxxx
    Live & let live

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

My sparkly new white NCMA box came with a padlock so whats the problem ?? it's kept locked lol

Pipsqueak Guest

Well I can assure everyone that my box is firmly secured!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    think i might put mine in a tin box and bury it in the garden, i will draw a map and put it in a safe box at the bank.

That made me laugh loads.

My inspector didn't even ask what sort of box i had, infact I had just brought plastic files down with the info in.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    or maybe ofsted would prefer it if all info was on tiny microchips that could be injected into us like they do with cats and dogs!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad i read this, i am giggling away happily lol

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I used to put mine in the freezer when I went away How doe you think the Contracts and Learning Journeies would stand up to that?
    ha ha ha I have heard that in my area if you get burgled the first thing that the burgler will check is your fridge and your freezer Lots of Poles live here and they all think Poles keep money in the FRIDGE....
    I got that metal lockable box from WHSmiths and was actually going to screw it into my wardrobe...
    I eventually was given a wooden, lockable file cabinet and I already find it usefull!

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you're confident you could challenge the Ofsted Inspector to show you where it mentions in the Statutory Framework that confidential information has to be kept in a locked filing cabinet - page 39 says that "there should be a suitable, secure area for the storage of confidential information" - no mention of locked, so I would argue that as long as whereever you kept it was suitable and secure ie your NCMA box in a high cupboard out of sight of visitors then that should be fine, if your visitors tend to rummage in your cupboards then you may have to rethink!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123