finally got round to it!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face finally got round to it!

well, after months of deliberating i finally sent off my application form (i'm in the scottish borders) - the care commission have contacted me to say they're going ahead with everything, and i just got a call from the fire service about coming out - the man said "we're in the next village on tuesday so we'll come across" slightly concerned! the other girls i've spoken to only had one person - do you think he was literally meaning 'we' or he was talking about the fire service in general?!

stupid thing to worry about, but i'm nervous enough already!

anyway, hi everyone this is a big step for me - i don't have any children of my own and i'm a young newlywed -- used to be a nursery nurse but didn't like the whole nursery bit. so i'm literally starting from scratch and a bit overwhelmed!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: finally got round to it!

Well done you!

You might get a fire prevention team in a little van, they go round with alarms and information.

Good luck with it all! Let us know how you're getting on

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would want the full works, the engine and a complete crew

Mind you as I can see the fire station from my house and they used to practise a couple of doors down on a firemans house, used to get lots of time of oggling. Funnily enough myself and a couple of other childminders were talking about the fireman today and how all our mindies get regular walks past the fire station, to wave at the firemen

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I would want the full works, the engine and a complete crew

Mind you as I can see the fire station from my house and they used to practise a couple of doors down on a firemans house, used to get lots of time of oggling. Funnily enough myself and a couple of other childminders were talking about the fireman today and how all our mindies get regular walks past the fire station, to wave at the firemen
    yeah but not round my house picking it to pieces and telling me how likely i am to start a fire!! lol

coffee-time Guest

i had an older fireman who gave the safety chat and 2 rather nice firemen who put up my free smoke alarms! they were only here for about 10 mins, came in their fire engine!! my kids thought it was great!!