Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Think my dream might be over before I have begun

Hey ladies

I am hoping to become a childminder and are booked in for my briefing sessions in march, but me and my partner rent a house that some family bought on a morgage. I have obviously asked for permission to register (or at least try to register providing everything passes), but my partners aunty thinks there may be something in the deeds that may prevent me from using the property for business. The property is also ex MOD so not sure if that makes a different. So im gonna have to sit tight till next week until she contacts the people/ looks through deeds to see. Im gonna be gutted if i can't

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Think my dream might be over before I have begun

yep as i suspected unfortunately the deeds say the property cant be used for any sort of business. so looks like i'm not going even be able to try and register. Am absolutely devastated. I really had my heart set on doing this so i could also spend more time with my little girl and doing something that i love. so looks like i'm still stuck in the job i hate .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Could you move to another property soon do you think?

Never say never, just put it on hold for a while

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that usually childminding isn't classed as running a businees from home - its just , 'working from home'. which i think is different.

I only say that because i rent HA and i have the same thing in my rent agreement but when i enquired wih them about it they told me that cming ws exempt.

Hope you get it sorted and you dont have to give up on your dream

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My deeds said same, I phoned the planning office and they said they didnt class childminding as business use unless I registered for more than 6, if I had more than 6 I would have to apply for planning for change of use to domestic and business,

Straws xx

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe childminding is not 'running a business from home' too. Look into it, dont give up....

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats phrase about not running a business is standard on deeds, its been in them on all properties I have lived at, its more to stop people opening a shop in the lounge, lol.

Call your council and check as Childminding is not classed as business from home. Some things are exempt like sales men that aren't office based are allowed to have an office at home and work from there.

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kindertime View Post
    I believe childminding is not 'running a business from home' too. Look into it, dont give up....
    Ditto ours said that too but on further investigation CMing isn't classed as it

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I will phone council etc. I really hope it isnt as I really had my heart set on this. I cried myself to sleep last night. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up yet. Phone the council and check exactly what 'running a business' means.

Good luck
    littletreasures xx

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

in a bid to try to get permission over the restrictive covenant, I have managed to locate the original property builders (who hopefully were the ones who put the restriction on it the first place) and I have asked the managing director permission to use the premises for childminding. Now I could have feigned ignorance and gone behind their backs and set it up anyway, but as other people said, if a complaint was registered it could cost a lot of money and I would have to give everything up.

So now its just a waiting game, I sent the email on Friday pm and the PA said she would bring it to his attention on Monday.. I hope that he says its ok (I mean I don't need any planning permission or anything from the council), if he says no.. well it means game over until we move - which wont be for a few years

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1984chelle View Post
    in a bid to try to get permission over the restrictive covenant, I have managed to locate the original property builders (who hopefully were the ones who put the restriction on it the first place) and I have asked the managing director permission to use the premises for childminding. Now I could have feigned ignorance and gone behind their backs and set it up anyway, but as other people said, if a complaint was registered it could cost a lot of money and I would have to give everything up.

So now its just a waiting game, I sent the email on Friday pm and the PA said she would bring it to his attention on Monday.. I hope that he says its ok (I mean I don't need any planning permission or anything from the council), if he says no.. well it means game over until we move - which wont be for a few years

Hi! I know this thread is old, but wondered what the outcome of this was? I'm so close to being registered yet just discovered our deeds say no business. Next door she runs her beauty business from one of her bedrooms. And deeds also day no work vans and there is usually 2 vans in the street!