Moving house
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Moving house

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving house

Hi everyone,

My hubby as some of you know is in the RAF and he might be getting posted to coningsby. I dont yet hav my certificate i'm just waiting on my ssafa checks so hopefully should get it before the new year.

Is it a big hassle when you move house regarding ofsted? Does it take long to get working again?

Any info/advice on this is greatfully recieved i didnt think i would hve to worry about this for a few more years yet as we've only just moved here after being posted down from scotland.

Thanks
    Louise x

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Moving house

Hi

Sounds like the RAF are as bad as the army for interfering in your life and changing plans! You can't arrange anything at all in advance can you because you never know if you will be able to do it or not or where you will be! Gets me mad!

Anyway! I haven't experienced this yet but will do early next year so will be interested to see how it goes for you.

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprogs View Post
    we've only just moved here after being posted down from scotland.

Thanks
    Louise x
    Can I jsut ask, when you moved from Scotland to England, did you have to start from scratch with OFSTED? Jus tmy friend is thinking of registering, and I am sure I was told at pre reg that if you moved to England, even if you were fully fledged minder, had to start from scratch again with applying and registering - as well as obv with RAF mving around, you have to start anew in each area which has to be a pain in the butt!

Slightly off topic, sorry!!

Post Thanks / Like

i wasnt registering when i was in scotland so wouldnt know but i would assume that she would have to start over again because the registration is done differently here than in scotland. It might go through quicker for her but i think she would have to start from scratch again yes but as i said i'm only guessing.She could try ringing Ofsted think the number is 08456 404040 someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

I will let you know Lorri. His posting isnt definate yet he has to go for a interview type thing first so will keep you updated.

Jan 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Moving house

when i moved 5yrs ago i had to inform ofsted in writing of the intended date of the move ,i took a 2 weeks off from my mindees and informed ofsted again by phone when i had moved in, they then came and registered my new home during that time 22nd Dec!!! nitemare time of year but ofsted were great it was quite easy and went smoothly,just gave the house a general once over and then reissued my certificate.But you must inform ofsted well in advance of your intended move in writing and up date them regularly, so they are prepare as well as you. Hope this helps alittle ,cause movig is always stressful. Goodluck