Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry I am so frustrated!!!!!

Hi all,sorry I haven't been on for a while
    Anyway, I started the ball rolling to become a childminder back in October last year 6 long months ago!!,I completed my first aid training on the 16th of January,I am just about to sit my icp exam,I had my ofsted pre-reg visit on the 10th March and my inspector sent my crb forms which the crb received on the 20th March and all my policies,procedures permission forms portfolio etc etc are all ready and waiting and my house is totally child friendly
    A fortnight ago I was informed that I am being made redudant in about 3 weeks time!!! My thoughts were that it would hopefully tie in with my certificate arriving but I am still waiting.
    Yesterday I had my childminding co-ordinater on the phone asking if I am ready yet and to say that there is a lady nearby that is desperate for a childminder and she just can't get one!!!!so today I have rung my local police and told them my situation but they just fobbed me off saying that my crb cannot "jump the queue" I then rang the crb and they said that they cannot chase it up until it has been with them for 90 days that's another month away
    I am getting really disheartened about all this,this is what I really want to do but I don't think I can wait much longer
    Sorry for moaning but I needed to get this off my chest
    Thanks for listening x x x

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I am so frustrated!!!!!

I feel COMPLETELY the same. I started the process in AUGUST last year and am in the same boat waiting for CRBs to clear. It really is annoying isn't it. I have been on phone to CRB and they told me the same (mine was with them on 15th March). I could have been looking after 2 sisters over the easter hols and it would have been great to get a bit of money in at last, but NO couldn't do it for the same reasons as you. I am starting to feel most disheartened with the whole thing too. Just thought I'd let you know that you are not alone

Fingers crossed they pull their fingers out soon for both of us

xxx
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You could try ringing OFSTED and telling them you have a family waiting for childcare and ask if they can ring CRB sometimes they will and it works and sometimes they wont but its worth a try.

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

It is really frustrating when you are trying to get yourself started rather than being unemployed and it seems to be one hurdle after another,I know it is just our crb's I am waiting for but then I think I will probably will be waiting ages for my certificate to come through !!!!! Nothing is ever easy

OMG I have just had a phone call from my childminder "friend" and she tells me that the lady waiting for me has been to her!!!!!!!!! and she is taking the child on!!! OMG I can't believe it!!! this lady has been waiting for me for months!!!!!

Today cannot get any worse x xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Jessie you are frustrated I know how thats feel I remember my crb taking 13 weeks to come back I had my pre inspection in the march and it was late june when my certificate came you maybe didnt want to hear that but thought you should be prepared for a wait !

chin up it will all come together in the end Im sure, Dont quote me but i think you could have cared for the ladies children in her own home as a nanny so to speak with out your certificate but it wouldnt be classed as childminding

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you have lost out on the mindee
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

LOOPYLISA Guest

Sorry hun

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel and I have only recently started the ball rolling in February to become re regstered. So I feel very lucky I have gotten this far so quickly. To hrry the process along I have been calling Ofsted to see how the application is going etc... I have told them on numerous times i have a family waiting and they have contacted the CRB peopleand my CRB's are nearly ready, mine being in the post alreay .

It is definatelly worth ringing Ofsted and telling them you have had to turn work down and you have families waiting

Good Luck !!
    Wendy xxx

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you lost your mindee. fingers x that everything else moves along faster for you soon.
    XX Jill XX

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jessiebessie View Post
    It is really frustrating when you are trying to get yourself started rather than being unemployed and it seems to be one hurdle after another,I know it is just our crb's I am waiting for but then I think I will probably will be waiting ages for my certificate to come through !!!!! Nothing is ever easy

OMG I have just had a phone call from my childminder "friend" and she tells me that the lady waiting for me has been to her!!!!!!!!! and she is taking the child on!!! OMG I can't believe it!!! this lady has been waiting for me for months!!!!!

Today cannot get any worse x xx
    Sorry to hear that and be just as angry

I bet the perfect mindee is just round the corner for you...the phone could ring anytime....will keep everything crossed for you.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that, big hugs

It will work out, fingers crossed for you xx

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OOH it's SOOOOOOOO unfair!

They got our crb's begining of Jan and it was only just printed off yesterday!

Why have they changed it to 90 days now, it was 60...how can they aim for a turnaround of 4 weeks when they won't chase it for so long, grrr!!!!

Hope it hurries up for you

xx

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: I am so frustrated!!!!!

Hi - I don't know if it would work for you, and I understand that some people are very reluctant if they want a childminder rather than a nanny, but I gave up my job a few months ago to get started as a childminder (just waiting for my pre-reg visit - then will basically be in the same position waiting forever for my CRBs) but in the meantime I have managed to scrape by working as a nanny for a couple of families. Also what about registering for some work with a nursery nurse agency. I know it isnt what you wanted to do, but at least it is working with children and it does bring in some money - either with some shorterm nannying or nursery work. Also, one of the mums that I nanny for is talking about maybe using me as a childminder two days a week for her little girl once I am registered - so if you can find some work as a nanny you never know what is going to spring off it! Dont get downhearted, cos it will happen for all of us someday soon, we have all come so far we cant stop now!!!!

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, I must admit I thought it would be a faster process than this
    Liz xx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hugs again

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, you all never fail to make me feel better
    I honestly would have given this up a long time again if it wasn't for all you.
    I am feeling much better today
    My ds and dd are going to great nan and grandads for the afternoon and for tea and dh has left me his credit card so I am off spending today
    I think I can feel a new wardrobe coming on lol !!!
    Thank you all again
    speak soon x x x

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the shopping. Sounds like perfect excuse to forget about the CRB!!!!!!

Have Fun

xxx
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jessiebessie View Post
    Thanks everyone, you all never fail to make me feel better
    I honestly would have given this up a long time again if it wasn't for all you.
    I am feeling much better today
    My ds and dd are going to great nan and grandads for the afternoon and for tea and dh has left me his credit card so I am off spending today
    I think I can feel a new wardrobe coming on lol !!!
    Thank you all again
    speak soon x x x
    Yeah enjoy your shopping. A bit of retail therapy always helps. Hope you get something nice and take your mind off things for wee while anyway.
    Im not even at the stage of worrying about these things but am excited that my induction training is getting closer!!
    XX Jill XX

july 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: I am so frustrated!!!!!

Sorry you feel so disheartened. But it can be frustrating. I was told that they start chasing CRB'S up after 60 days not 90. Hope this is the case cos it will save you 30 days!
    katieskatie xx

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you have lost out on having a child. It is very frustrating, I too am waiting for my crb check, it's been on stage 5 since 9 March!! Annoying even more when already on my noticeboard I have one from the school that I help at as a voluntary helper, and one from the Sunday school, but these don't count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast