Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi again,I sent my forms off to ofsted on the 4th Feb,they received them on the 6th of Feb which was a Friday so they weren't processed until the 9th,I rang them on the Tuesday and the guy said they had been received and someone will be in touch shortly.I received my crb forms last Friday,ofsted rang me on the 18th but it was just a courtesy call making sure I had got my forms etc....she said I had been allocated an officer and she would be in touch soon
    I am really getting disheartened by waiting I thought it would be quicker than this.I need to get registered asap as a local nursery is closing very soon and my childminding co-ordinator has told me that she has got people waiting for me to get registered!!!! I have told ofsted this but it doesn't seem to be making any difference I am sick of waiting by the phone just incase they ring
    Has this happened to anyone else? I thought it was really quick to get your pre-reg once they receive your forms
    sorry for going on but I am feeling a bit down about it all

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry don't know how long it usually takes for this as I am an old un who has been around a long time but hopefully this will bump you back up to top and someone in the know will come along for a reply for you

Cx

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

HI there,

I am in Scotland, but when I done everything you said that you had done, I sent everything off in June 2007, got inspected bla bla bla and I never got registered until Feb 08.

Really long wait I was climing the wall because I had people waiting to.

Shelly
    xx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

it took about 3 weeks for me to get a pre-reg call, i wouldn't worry yet its only been what 11 days since they received your forms.
    anna x
    Blessed Be!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no

I posted mine last thursday and got a call on monday teatime to say she was coming on next tuesday (eeek) Hopefully they will contact you next week or maybe you can keep calling them?

Hope you hear soon

Mar 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, it only took about 3 weeks from when I sent off my forms for my Pre-reg visit from Ofsted on 9th January. However, although the inspector told me that I could expect to take on mindees from February, I am still waiting for my registration certificate. If Ofsted will tell you the name of your officer, you could try contacting her directly?

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It really would be worth you calling Ofsted again, not all there operators do things the same way and someone else may be more helpful if you explain the situation again

Allie

Mar 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The delay could possibly be down to the half term holidays and the region you live in.

I posted mine Friday 6th February and received a phone call the following Wednesday. The inspector explained she wouldn't be able to get to me that week or the following week because of prior appointments and annual leave. Ended up booking me in for tomorrow pm which seemed like ages away but it's come around pretty quick.

If I was you I'd wait until Tuesday and then chase them up.

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

think all in all i waited 9 months until i got my certificate
    karen