Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Own children turn into monsters

As soon as a potential parent walks through the door my children turn into monsters. Not really naughty behaviour but inappropriate IYSWIM.

All 3 of the girls crowded round the car seat while the baby was trying to get to sleep so had to tell them to move. DD2 decided to climb over the arm of the sofa and fall into the back of the parent, she NEVER climbs on the sofa. Then sat next to her and had a nasty trump. DD1 decided to give the parent a list of all the part time jobs I have had recently to make ends meet including being a cleaning lady While DD3 decided to sit on my knee and hit me across the face and then need a poo!

Think that one won't be coming back again.
    Paula

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Own children turn into monsters

I know what you mean! I had a visit from a potential mindee and my 23 month old seems determine to keep pushing her 13 month old over I'm hoping it hasn't put her off too much
    Liz xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dd was a dream... ds was a nightmare!

The amount of meetings he sabotaged with his clever little remarks and witty asides

I sympathise xx

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean

Last parent came Charley was poorly with ear infection so she was all over me till dad took her to drs.
    Mitchell well if I can I send him out with dad somewhere He is a nightmare as Monkey and Annie will find out tomorrow

Carol xx

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like something my chlidren will do! My friend and her 2 came over today and i kid you not, my two were arguing and fighting.... they are 4 and 2! They have never done it before! Don't look good for me and new parents does it
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My girls have started to hoard toys in their bedroom. I've told them some toys will be used by potential mindees and they are hidding them already!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Pipsqueak Guest

I can sympathise, my three generally manage to have a verbal turning into fisticuffs and/or my 8yr old decides that I cannot tell him off because someone else is there and gets cocky. He still hasn't figured out "the look" from me that he is going to far and he still doesn't get that once that person has gone oh boy is he going to get it in the neck.
    but I have now decided to go straight for the jugular with him and reprimand and put him in his place while that person is still about.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know!!!!!!!!!

My dd is the worst, she turns into a right little show off when parents come round. I have even told her to keep in the lunge while i am trying to talking the mums, honest, she is that bad. She interupts and says things that parents may take the wrong way.
    "she wet herself today"
    meaning she wet her clothes when washing her hands.
    "look we have a wasp nest"

Pipsqueak Guest

talking of monsters, the eldest two are up right now, twittering because I have VH1 classics on - 1980's (OMG mum..... is this the cr&p that you listened to 20 years ago my god thats tragic) and the eek smilie is exactly how son looked as he said this

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

my 3 boys behaved this way iv banished them to their bedrooms with a dvd whilst parents come and shout them down just as they are leaving to say bye otherwise id have 3 mouths shouting at each other and showing off especially my wind up merchant the youngest who has a knack of starting arguements then pretending it was his brother and because hes so small mums feel sorry for him

jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

wow that's a a relief to see it's not only mine
    She has been forbidden to talk to parents but she still does!! She interrupts, sits or climbs on me while I am trying to talk to parents, make really horrible remarks (she is 7!!). No matter how many times my hubby and I have told her to keep quiet when parents arrive (she tends to tell them my life story....embarrasing stuffs and all off course ) still she talks.

Elodie XX

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww no. I know that would be something my two boys would do especially the 'Nasty Trumps' lol

I already decided before any potential mindees come they are both being shipped out to either grandmas, or their aunties, which ever is available.

Then I'll say Oh they've popped out for the day/evening with such and such.

When my CDO comes they play up run, shout, argue, interupt, ask her silly questions about the moon and the cow = last visit

I dread to think what she thinks of me and my parenting skills

I hope she comes back to you though!!

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The job gets much easier when your own children are out of the way.

My youngest 2 at the time, would not share any of his toys. He was normally a lovely child but became a monster when the other children arrived. He was jealous and really awful.

I mentioned it to my course tutor at the time who said I should put myself in the position of my son to imagine what he was feeling. I found this difficult so she told me to imagine my husband had just brought home a beautiful lady friend and told her she was free to do anything she liked in the house. She could wear my clothes, use my make up and jewellery, etc. I soon understood how my son felt.

It was suggested that I should allow him to have his own space and toys which were his - not minded toys.

After this I did not use the bedrooms for childminding again. This was my own children's space and if they chose to go there then that was fine.

It works the other way too - minded children always play up when mum comes to pick them up!!

Helen

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfectly normal I'm afraid, mine are the same. When got re-married my dh was adopting dd, had the social worker round to do the visits etc, anyway one time ds1 was just born and was weeks old in his bouncy chair, dd bounced him a bit over vigourously so I told her NO! and she ran and cowered in a corner with her hands over her head!! I have never lifted a hand to her ever and she's 16 now.
    Ali xx