Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More questions!!

I have a swing, and a slide with climbing frame on the grass in my garden. Now what do I need to put under them for safety?? I don't bother with my own children grass is a soft landing Oh gosh that sounds awful doesn't it - bad mother bad mother!!!

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: More questions!!

I have the same garden toys and my inspector was happy enough that they were on grass.

Esther xx

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

have a look at bromly site to see large equipment policy to see how it reads, might say somthing on there
    karen

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are on grass too and my inspector was fine with that. As long as you have done risk assessments you should be fine

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I depends on the height of your climbing frame.

If it is over a certain height you need to dig down and fill the area with something soft... bark, rubber chippings etc.

I had a climbing frame (ELC colourful one with a bit they can stand in, a cat run and slide) and I had to take it out of my garden because Ofsted said it was too high and I was not prepared to have someone dig out half my garden to accommodate the required amount of drop zone. My kids were gutted at the time, they loved it.

The answer in on the rospa site somewhere.

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I depends on the height of your climbing frame.

If it is over a certain height you need to dig down and fill the area with something soft... bark, rubber chippings etc.

I had a climbing frame (ELC colourful one with a bit they can stand in, a cat run and slide) and I had to take it out of my garden because Ofsted said it was too high and I was not prepared to have someone dig out half my garden to accommodate the required amount of drop zone. My kids were gutted at the time, they loved it.

The answer in on the rospa site somewhere.
    I had the same one as Sarah (Ive been copying you lately I am not stalking honestly) It has been on the top of my kitchen flat roof for the last 18 months to the dismay of my older children because I found Will at 18 months old standing at the top of the slide while my back was turned dealing with other 18 month old who would have quickly followed given the chance. I knew I would spend the whole summer constantly helping them up and down the slide and once the older ones were on it I would have been scared stiff so down it came.
    Last edited by crazybones; 12-02-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: I cant spell
    Annie x

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, its the ELC TP Climbing frame and slide - its on the lowest 18mth level with all the safety guards and railings etc so it should be fine. I'll eventually put play bark underneath to save having to mow the lawn under it

Right I'm off to think of more questions to ask you all