Hi, what do you all put in your parent packs????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Hi, what do you all put in your parent packs????

Hi everyone, sorry I keep reading these threads and then get all these questions to ask you experts,anyway just read a thread from a while back and It said to get on with making my parent packs.........and I was wandering what things need to be in these or what do u all put in yours??? Any help PLEASE...xxxxxxx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi, what do you all put in your parent packs????

I cant help with this but I'm interested in hearing the responses too. All I have so far is a CD with the policies in, a questionnaire on their child likes and dislikes and the permission slips.
    Paula

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, in my parent pack it has the following:

Introduction about me and my family.
    The benefits of a child minder
    My home and facilities
    A bit about "what registration means" and what we have to do to become registered child minders
    A bit about my Holidays and a list of bank holidays
    Routine
    Menu
    Then I have all my policies under the 5 outcomes of ECM

It will be about 100 pages by the time I have slotted in all the policies and procedures!

I was lucky enough to be at a first aid course with a lady who had been childminding for a year and she brough in her 'parent pack' and let us have a read and that is where I got my inspiration from! She also picked up from a website about ways to praise a child and adapted that, which I thought was very clever!

Hope that helps

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, im a bit confused(as usual) if its about 100 pages long surley we cant be expected to give this to every parent that visits then says they will get back to us

i was planning on having a big folder like that as my porfolio that stays here for parents to veiw at anytime but what would i give them then to look at while they decide to use me or not without wasting all that paper ink etc everytime

charlotte x

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Portfolio??????? Parent pack???????
    Even more confused now!!!
    What do you put in your portfolio???
    I want to present each of my parents with a parent pack,what would you suggest is the best folder type to use? (I know that's a really strange question!!!) but I want things to be nice and neat and tidy.....
    Thanks xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My portfolio is my book of words about me and everything I do.

I put it together in the order of the Every Child Matters agenda and keep it updated regularly.

My welcome booklet tells parents what I do, how I do it and is for them to take home - it is about 4 pages long.

My policies and procedures file is in a folder and parents can access it any time they want. They sign to say they have read and understood them.

Hth

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I was exagerating when I said 100 pages i just feel its like that at the moment with all the typing I am doing!

I dont think you have to do a parent pack with all policies etc in it, its just I am a worrier and I want piece of mind that my parents will have all the policies and procedures at home in the parent pack, so there will never be any confusion!

I am probably making hard work for myself but I am doing it for my peace of mind!

Bex
    Last edited by Bex1; 06-11-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a portfolio which includes my policies, all relevant certificates and amongst other things. I've attached the front cover of my parents' welcome pack so you can see what I give them. This only gets handed out if contracts are being signed otherwise its just a copy of my policies for enquiries.

Mel
    Attached Files Attached Files

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you that has really helped. xx

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a website that you got the information for Why chose a childminder?

June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent ages doing parent packs for my parents. They include almost all the info a parent needs to know about my setting, only things that are subject to change are on the parent notice board instead...

Not so long ago one of the parents came to me with yet another question that is answered in the parent pack. I replied with a smile on my face and then added, it does say this in the parent pack. Her reply? ... "Oh yes, I really ought to read that didn't I?" Someone care to tell me what the point is?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FizzysFriends View Post
    Is there a website that you got the information for Why chose a childminder?
    http://www.*************/MainWebSite/C...97D0506A0861E6

The NCMA website. on the left of the screen is a little menu with what is a childminder, what are the benefits etc

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    Her reply? ... "Oh yes, I really ought to read that didn't I?" Someone care to tell me what the point is?
    The reason I do most of my stuff is evidence for Ofsted that i do it and that I try towork with parents. Probably the reason my paretns hate me at the moment as they have to actually read stuff I do now instead of pretending I do
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bex1 View Post
    Sorry I was exagerating when I said 100 pages i just feel its like that at the moment with all the typing I am doing!

I dont think you have to do a parent pack with all policies etc in it, its just I am a worrier and I want piece of mind that my parents will have all the policies and procedures at home in the parent pack, so there will never be any confusion!

I am probably making hard work for myself but I am doing it for my peace of mind!

Bex
    I too do this, my parents get a copy of all my policies and sign to say they have read and understood them. It is alot of photocopying though, so I am considering putting it all on disk. More work for me..................

Jeanybeany