Hi,I am new and need advice.............
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi,I am new and need advice.............

Hi all, I have been thinking about childminding for a while but haven't done anything about it!!!!!! Until my friend asked me to mind her son for 3 days a week.I knew that I couldn't do it for money so I got my but into gear and set the ball rolling.I have got my pre-briefing booked for the 12th of November and I am wandering what to expect when I get there??????? also is there any preparation I need to do before attending? and one more thing (for now anyway) is there anything I can be getting on with whilst I am waiting????
    Thank you for reading, you all seem soooooo nice on here and you have already given me some handy hints whilst reading through the threads.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Hi,I am new and need advice.............

Hi I went on my pre briefing a few weeks ago. There is no need to do anything really. They give you a insight into the registration process and all thats involved to ensure its what you want to do really. They will give you a number to book your next breifing,first aid and a number to call to get your EYFS info pack. I was told I could not get a place on a first aid course untill Feb 09 (lack of funding) which I was really upset about because it holds you back (in the past you had 6mths to complete it after reg but now understandably its compulsary before hand) I did manage to sweet talk a lovely lady and get on one next week so I am really pleased so I recommended you call to book your place on a first aid course as soon as you get the information.
    Good Luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi,I am new and need advice.............

Like Debster says, it can be a long process and I suppose we all need to learn patience for our jobs

Hope you enjoy the course and the CRBs don't take too long.

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Hi,I am new and need advice.............

Thank you,I have already ordered my EYFS pack as the lady at CIS said I will need it when I go to the briefing.I already had an enhanced crb check done back in July for my job,I have asked if I will need another and she said it will depend on ofsted they will hopefully be happy with the one I have got.
    Is there any preperation I can be getting on with do you know? I am itching to get some toys,car signs etc.............or shall I wait a while????
    Thank you again xxxxx

jul 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    out standing
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi,I am new and need advice.............

car boots are fab for toys etc ask friend if they can loan you things or have a sort out to remember you good luck
    outstanding x 2