Had my pre-reg visit - what now?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 19
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Had my pre-reg visit - what now?

Well. Life got in the way of my childminding registration but I actually had my pre-registration visit on Thursday and it all went very well and the inspector is more than happy to approve my application. Woohoo!

I was quite stressed out about the visit but it was pretty relaxed, it did take 4 hours though, I thought the lady was exaggerating when she told me that on the phone lol.

Ofsted told me it can be another 2 weeks or so for my certificate to arrive, so while I am waiting I am finalising policies, fees, etc. Looking forward to getting started finally!

I thought I'd post this here in case anyone has questions about what the visit involved or anything.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! That's brilliant. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of childminding!

It's amazing that the visits take that long isn't it?

Do you feel ready to start? Have you started advertising? x

July 19
    Post Thanks / Like

I am ready to get started Maza. I've joined childcare.co website and advertised on my local Facebook group stating that I'm a soon to be registered childminder. Hopefully I'll get some responses. I can't wait to get going, it's been ages x

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you seen this free guidance from Childcare.co.uk?

How to Register as a Childminder in England - Childcare.co.uk

You might find it useful - lots of tips for setting up

July 19
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I'll have a browse.

My certificate is here, it arrived via email! And I already have 2 enquiries!

I was worried I wouldn't find anyone to hire me as I live in a small village but I sent a couple of messages on childcare website and they both replied.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be back soon with more questions x

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How exciting. Good luck xx

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have my visit on Thursday and I’m totally panicking that I won’t be able to answer all the questions. Could you just tell me what sort of questions they asked you?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents generally want to know about food you will offer, where the baby will sleep, your routine, payment arrangements, settling in sessions, the activities you will do with the children...

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harim View Post
    Hi,

I have my visit on Thursday and I’m totally panicking that I won’t be able to answer all the questions. Could you just tell me what sort of questions they asked you?
    Do you mean your Ofsted Registration visit? It has been a while but it is thinks like how you will provide activities to suit the children's needs, how you will know they are progressing, how you will risk assess, how you will deal with medicine etc etc. Do you have any local support? Try your local authority Early Years team, someone there should be able to help.
    See guidance here: The registration visit - Childminders and childcare providers: register with Ofsted - Guidance - GOV.UK