Advertising as a pre-registered childminder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advertising as a pre-registered childminder

Hi, I am very excited at the prospect of becoming a childminder in my area. I have one major concern though. I cannot afford the start up costs without knowing that it is a viable option as a career and that the demand is high. There are already two childminders in my village; one is struggling, while the other (who advertises well and has an Outstanding report from ofsted), says that she is full and is turning down work. She has said that she will let any enquiries know that I am looking to become registered, passing on my details. I have 2 young children so have tried to let other Mums know I am considering childminding, thus advertising by word of mouth. I want to be advertising wherever possible, and I know you can advertise as long as you specify that you are ‘pre-registered’, but it seems like the websites such as childcare.co.uk only have options to advertise as ‘registered childminders’.

Can anyone provide me with any advice on where I could advertise myself as a pre-registered childminder for my local area? I know I would not be able to confirm contracts until registered, but at least I would get a good idea of demand and be able to let parents who are looking far enough ahead that I may be an option.

Thanks in advance!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can spread the word that you are probably going to be registered later this year but it can take many months to go through all the pre-registration checks and register with Ofsted so you must make it very clear that you cannot set a start date.

Good luck with the process!