Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Nearly childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default who opened up recently??

hi

im in the process of doing the eyfs course. im finding it very difficult to retain all the information by heart. does ofstead really test you or can you just show them the 7 learning areas and how you plan to fit in the dairy routine?
    please answer me as im stressing out

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax! The areas of learning will become second nature once you get started. Do you have children of your own? Just use a typical day playing with them and practice matching up what they are doing against the Areas- you will see that there are massive overlaps (one activity can cover all areas!) and over the course of a week you can easily cover all areas. You can have a print-out at the inspection and refer to it... see my reply to your other post x

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rac123 View Post
    hi

im in the process of doing the eyfs course. im finding it very difficult to retain all the information by heart. does ofstead really test you or can you just show them the 7 learning areas and how you plan to fit in the dairy routine?
    I don’t really understand your title ‘ who opened up recently?’

In order for you to be successful in promoting teaching and learning to help young children prepare for school, Ofsted has set standards that all providers must meet.

These cover taken from the governments childminding pre reg briefing)
     the early learning goals – knowledge, skills and understanding that young children should achieve by the end of the Reception year in which they reach the age of five
     the educational programmes – matters, skills and processes that are required to be taught to young children
     the assessment arrangements – arrangements for assessing young children to ascertain their achievements.

Whilst you may not need to know ‘off by heart’ strands of each learning area, you do, I think, need to know what they are enough to be able to give an example of an activity and why you would be offering it in your setting using the language of the EYFS.
    The more you plan and explore on your pre reg courses the more you become familiar. It’s not a matter of knowing the words by heart it’s that you can plan activities throughout the day / adjust activities to the individual to ensure that all areas are being covered and met by the children, so a good knowledge of the expectations is vital.

I am sure once you complete your Early Years training you will understand and therefore know it all much better.
    Good luck.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your course should prepare you for answering the inspector's questions - and your assessor should advise you as part of your course planning to prepare you for your pre-reg inspection.

I am an assessor for the preparing to work in home-based childcare course - if you need any support please ask

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rac123 View Post
    hi

Good luck, you'll be fine. Lots of helpful info on here xx