Pre registration
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    1/10/86
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre registration

My pre reg visit is next week really worried about. the four hours ofsted are here,
    Trying to go through and remember everything but worried I will just panic and won't remember anything
    Maz

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maz 123 View Post
    My pre reg visit is next week really worried about. the four hours ofsted are here,
    Trying to go through and remember everything but worried I will just panic and won't remember anything
    A little bit confused as I am sure you said you had been minding for 20 years?
    I can assure you the thought of it is more daunting than the actual visit, but like any ' interview' we all worry.
    There are, somewhere on here, accounts of what happenened to some of us on these visits, all smooth running. It is largely led by the inspector so she will remind you of things just by asking so don't worry. The gov registration info tells you exactly what evidence they need to see, when I looked it didn't mention prevent specifically but I expect it will be on the safeguarding agenda.
    The main thing you really need to remember and know thoroughly is your understanding of safeguarding and procedures you would take. As you show her round you will automatically chat about your set up and why you have done this or that which demonstrates your understanding of risk assessment.
    Your resources and setting will give you prompts about learning and development, the next key area, have a little crib sheet poster about areas of development up near where you are planning to sit and talk to the inspector...supposedly for parents but you can use it too.
    It is my experience that the inspectors are thorough, but are usually very friendly too and do prompt you .....four hours sounds a long time but a lot of it is showing her your home and garden, it really does fly by when it is actually happening.
    I am sure it will all go well, the fact that you are thinking about what you want to remember shows that you care and are aware of the importance of some things ...the inspector will see that.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by FloraDora; 04-08-2017 at 05:16 AM.

1/10/86
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, yes was been a childminderfor over 20 years then i needed to stop for four years its all changed so much.
    Im probably stressing too much.
    Maz

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maz 123 View Post
    Thank you, yes was been a childminderfor over 20 years then i needed to stop for four years its all changed so much.
    Im probably stressing too much.
    I am sure you will be fine, with your vast experience.
    Hope things go well