Over 12 weeks since applying with OFSTED
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Over 12 weeks since applying with OFSTED

Hi can you help please.

It's been over 12 weeks now that I've submitted my application with OFSTED. They kept telling that my application is with social services now and they are chasing it for me.

It's super frustrating as I've applied back in March. First I was waiting for CRB 5 months and now this.
    They just told that this 12 weeks is just the guideline and it can take longer.

I'm thinking of giving up and registering as a nanny. Such a waste of time and money. Ridiculous!

Does anyone know can I complain!?
    Many thanks,
    D

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A colleague was recently waiting nearly a year for her husband's DBS check - apparently London is the worst for taking a long time

Apart from chasing regularly there's not a lot you can do...

Hugs x

Hollyhock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    A colleague was recently waiting nearly a year for her husband's DBS check - apparently London is the worst for taking a long time

Apart from chasing regularly there's not a lot you can do...

Hugs x
    Hi D,

I'm in the same boat - I applied back in March and have been jumping through the most bizarre bureaucratic hoops since then. The iinternational DBS check was part of it, as well as the health decl. booklet from a GP in another town etc, but mainly it was the ridiculously tedious communication system with Ofsted staff - over thirty email conversations with twelve different people in three months! None knew what the last said of course - it's been massively frustrating.
    I've only had enormous expenses so far, and am not sure I'll still have a chance to get the grant money at least. By now I feel extremely averse to the whole thing - if it wasn't for my friend's two little girls who sometimes come to spend some time here when she is busy. It reminds me of how much fun it could be once it's all set up and running, and is a very necessary reminder of what I am doing this all for.
    Ofsted has now called and hopefully the visit will soon take place, and hopefully by then I'm still able to remember the most important things. It feels so long ago and I feel like I've only become more confused over time...
    However, since you had asked for advise rather than for commiseration, I do think that calling them up every day and bombarding them with emails is the most effective thing you can do yourself. All the best!!

Registered Childminder since
    July 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Childcare business grant

I just received my certificate and so have applied for the childcare business grant. I was wondering how long it takes to receive the payment? I really need to be reimbursed asap.