Waiting for my pre reg visit, food safety querie?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiting for my pre reg visit, food safety querie?

Hi, I have just joined this forum and I am so glad I did, extremely helpful so far

I am currently in the process of waiting for my pre reg call, I have paid my application fee and sending off my health declaration on Tuesday (due to the bank hol), just wanting a bit of advice on food safety? Shall I take an online course now or do of stead advise you on this when they come to visit?
    Also do you need to be completely ready with all your paper work e.g: visitors book, accounts book, fire drill, etc etc
    As I am going to become a member of pacey and do my public liability insurance through them as well, just wondering when to do this, now? Or wait until I am registered?
    Thank you for taking the time to read my message xxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Food hygiene - it depends on your LA - some want cms to train and others don't say either way. It is good practice to do a course - I am a Childcare.co.uk gold member and did a free Virtual College course last night - it was really good and I would recommend it

https://www.childcare.co.uk/training

Being ready - you ask about visitors book, accounts book, fire drill, etc etc - it is not a requirement to have a visitors book you can record visitors in your diary; accounts are not inspected by Ofsted - you can download free accounts information here - https://www.childcare.co.uk/free-childminder-paperwork; fire drill - again you can note that in your diary or you will find free paperwork in the link I've just given you.

But yes you need to be ready to go - talk about what you will do - how you will monitor children's learning - how you will work - your safeguarding etc...

No you don't need insurance until you are working.

Hope it goes well!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much xxxxxx

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post