Registration visit

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, safety around the home, understanding of eyfs, supporting children with Sen, equal opportunities, prevent duty and British values, how I'm going to assess the children - at the beginning and ongoing, setting in children, policies, procedures, consent forms, working with parents, safeguarding and signs of abuse - just about everything! But you'll be fine, I just tried as much as possible to talk about everything I do know so that when I said I wasn't sure of something I made up for it in other areas! If you want to ask anything else about the questions while they are fresh in my head then go ahead!!
    One thing I was not aware of is that I need to count my boys in ratios even when they aren't with me ie in school which means I can only have one child. Or 2 if siblings or twins x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gemgem12 View Post
    One thing I was not aware of is that I need to count my boys in ratios even when they aren't with me ie in school which means I can only have one child. Or 2 if siblings or twins x
    Ooo errr, think you need to check that out, did she really say these things?!
    I think others will confirm this is actually the case:

Twins = 2 children = 2 places required, see link below about 'twins-under-12-months-old'.

Siblings- if you have one child in your care, settled in and with contract then their sibling comes along you can (if risk assessed and all parents informed) take on the sibling as an extra EYFS child as long as you are within your total 6-under-8s. See links below.

Own EYFS children can be discounted from your numbers IF they are in the care of another setting/person (like at nursery) AND if you have a reliable plan-B if they need to come home/ill/setting closes etc (like dad or granny who are 100% reliable because you can NOT go over ratios)

Be careful, the inspectors should know their stuff but they do not work for Ofsted (they work freelance for Tribal, Prospects etc) and they are only as good as their training. Phone Ofsted if you need clarification.

See:
    From Independent Childminder Facebook page files:
    DfE 06-2015ratios guidance.pdf
    18 June 2015 at 18:40 · Latest version by Claire Brunner

Also in free deownloads above: Variations
    Attached Files Attached Files