So annoyed....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: So annoyed....

Post Thanks / Like

Default So annoyed....

So fed up... Still waiting for hubbys DBS check to come back! It's been 88 days! I've phoned and emailed everyone and made a complaint but still not done grrr. The Met police apparently have a backlog of 70,000 applications so god knows when it will be done. I've done everything needed to prepare for my pre-reg and have lost potential clients from all the waiting. Anyone have any advise or similar happen to them?? Xx

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyB View Post
    So fed up... Still waiting for hubbys DBS check to come back! It's been 88 days! I've phoned and emailed everyone and made a complaint but still not done grrr. The Met police apparently have a backlog of 70,000 applications so god knows when it will be done. I've done everything needed to prepare for my pre-reg and have lost potential clients from all the waiting. Anyone have any advise or similar happen to them?? Xx
    Goodness. No advice sorry but hang in there. It can be very frustrating.

Simona Guest

Utterly appalling and caused by cuts to staff at the Met

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...politan-police

You can track your application...it won't help much but at least you know where you are and maybe of help when planning to recruit parents

https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enqu...quirySearch.do

Good luck and hold on tight!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies! I've been on the tracking service everyday since October 🙄 thank you for the links Simona. It has been escalated too and they still say they don't know when it will be completed grrr. I'm gonna bug them everyday till they do it lol xx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's rubbish

I applied for my son to have one in April 2015 and it only took 2 weeks to come back.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my own one only took 2 weeks. I obviously applied for his at a bad time :-)

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr childminding friend did not escalate hers, and it took over 11 months!! Sorry

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents who already had a CRB but due to a change in job had to get a DBS done applied back in August and it took 4 months

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Omg! I'm panicking. I really can't be out of work that long I'm gonna have to get another job at this rate :-( wouldn't mind but hubby works till 7pm so won't even ****** be here! Grrr! :-(

Simona Guest

Omg! I'm panicking. I really can't be out of work that long I'm gonna have to get another job at this rate :-( wouldn't mind but hubby works till 7pm so won't even ****** be here! Grrr! :-(
    Utterly unbelievable that now Ofsted has got its act together and can register us quicker....something else comes up to delay the process....so much for wanting more providers to enter the workforce!!

Thanks for the post....I will flag this up at OBC...although I would say Ofsted cannot really do anything if the delay is from the DBS' end?
    I think a few months back all seemed to be working ok....but cutting staff was not as deep as it is now.

The mind boggles!!
    Good luck and hope it won't be too long now

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Simona :-) I'm going to ring Ofsted on Monday and see if they can hurry things along but I think it's out of their hands unfortunately. Never mind just gotta stay positive and hope it comes soon X

Simona Guest

Thanks Simona :-) I'm going to ring Ofsted on Monday and see if they can hurry things along but I think it's out of their hands unfortunately. Never mind just gotta stay positive and hope it comes soon X
    Hope you get some satisfaction from Ofsted....frustrating!

If you are happy to do so please let me know what they say...I will ask a question on this at London OBC tomorrow.

while I appreciate Ofsted is unable to proceed with a registration if they have no DBS clearance It may be good for them to know rather than be blamed for the delay due to circumstances outside of their control.
    Still ...this means a delay in registering providers when we need them most

I will keep looking at this thread to see if you have replied...thanks in advance!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I've been waiting since August too, very frustrating. I just wondered if mine comes back before my husbands, can I still register or will I just have to wait for my husbands too?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my husbands dbs took ages too and he chased it up lots of times and escalated it which I think did help a bit in the end. Pester them!
    And unfortunately the online form won't let you go any further unless you've received their DBS as you need to put in the reference number from it. I will say, once I filled the forms in it was relatively quick - the online form filling was the most time consuming and frustrating part x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hun, well hubbys still isn't back grr!! I've chased constantly and so has he. Last week I put in a complaint to DBS and the lady put it as a priority to be completed. Well it's still not done 😡 so fed up with it. Ofsted won't do anything as its out of their hands. It's now effecting our family finances as well as making me feel like jacking it in and getting a job elsewhere 😔 xx

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, my partner's DBS took months and months and was an awful inconvenience. I've heard some people have had luck in contacting the police stations themselves that are causing the delay and forcing them to poke through their in trays. Don't know if that would be the same for a major station though. :S I really think the more you poke, prod and bother them the better really. It's annoying because it's obviously a much bigger priority to us people waiting than it is for the ones having to check your record.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree, if it doesn't effect them then their not bothered. I've contacted the station myself and so has hubby they just fob us off and say they have applications waiting longer then us. I think I'm gonna have to get a job until it's back as this could go on forever :-( xx

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo hubbys DBS is back! 4 months later! How quickly will Ofsted arrange a visit and where do I get the pre reg book from to fill in before they come? Xx

19. Likes JCrakers liked this post