Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiting for phone to ring.....

Hey there,

So for over a week now I've had my phone glued to my hand but it's not rang (not from anyone. I've even tested it to make sure it's working!!!)

I'm just waiting for my pre-reg appointment to be made. Ofsted now have everything from me and I'm now waiting on a company called Prospects to contact me.

It's so annoying because I really feel I'm ready to start and have 3 families lined up all ready!

One thing I wanted to ask though, is about PL insurance. Should I start that now or do I do all that once registered? The same with the ICO too, when is the best time to do that?

It's the waiting that's killing me. Has anyone had any dealings with Prospects at all?

Thanks everyone. This forum is amazing xx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow..Its good news that you have families lined up already

For the insurance and ICO I would start it when the first children start...I think? Others may clarify if any different

The only dealings I've had with Prospects are when they come and inspect. They are outsourced by Ofsted to do inspections.

I hope you don't have to wit too long, unfortunately these things can take time and they are not the fastest at completing things. Have you done your DBS and health check?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morton Michel require your registration number so you can't do the insurance until you have that confirmed. Leave it as late as possible for ICO or you will be paying for nothing and won't get your whole year...you probably won't start until another month now.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww great thank you for your replies.

Eeurrghh another month!

Makes perfect sense about ICO and Insurance so thank you I'll wait on those.

DBS and health check all done. Just playing the airing game!!

Xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Airing game?? waiting game!!

So a lady called me....Monday 16th Nov !!

She also told me to have my PL insurance starting on the day she comes so I'll get that sorted!

6. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you can sort out your PL insurance without an registration number? I cant remember as I did mine 8yrs ago but FloraDora mentioned it above.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume you must be able to because she said to me she asks all cm to be to have it sorted to start on the day of the visit.

I'll let you know how I get on

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

So...PL Insurance all sorted through Pacey and no Reg number required, though you have to provide one no more than 90 days after taking the policy out.

So scared of this visit...thinking back to the phone call she sounded quite strict

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She was propably in a hurry between other inspection visits. You'll be fine. Be yourself and be confident.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbeluk View Post
    So...PL Insurance all sorted through Pacey and no Reg number required, though you have to provide one no more than 90 days after taking the policy out.

So scared of this visit...thinking back to the phone call she sounded quite strict
    Rather than strict that inspector was probably making sure she followed all the Ofsted guidelines.
    Prospects are subcontracted by Ofsted to do their work and they must adhere to Ofsted guidance.

If you are ready and keen to be inspected make sure you call them and tell them...no harm in doing so....you sound confident and prepared.

Good luck!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

So...today was the day! Pre-Reg is finally over. The only trouble is, is I didn't think of what happens after the pre-reg and now I have to actually start childminding!! (When cert comes)!!!

I got pulled up on a few things but the most important one was getting my head into the development matters book. To treat it as my bible she said.
    The inspector really was a great help and offered endless advice. She was here 3 hours though!

I think its going to be really hard work to keep all the paperwork in order especially the planning, assessments etc...I'm not very good at things like that and I'm a bit worried that that part of being a childminder will take over from actually looking after the children. I suppose i've just got to find my feet with a good routine and be organised!

Thanks for your comments. This forum is a font of all knowledge which I will be relying on!! xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbeluk View Post
    So...today was the day! Pre-Reg is finally over. The only trouble is, is I didn't think of what happens after the pre-reg and now I have to actually start childminding!! (When cert comes)!!!

I got pulled up on a few things but the most important one was getting my head into the development matters book. To treat it as my bible she said.
    The inspector really was a great help and offered endless advice. She was here 3 hours though!

I think its going to be really hard work to keep all the paperwork in order especially the planning, assessments etc...I'm not very good at things like that and I'm a bit worried that that part of being a childminder will take over from actually looking after the children. I suppose i've just got to find my feet with a good routine and be organised!

Thanks for your comments. This forum is a font of all knowledge which I will be relying on!! xxx
    Yay well done! X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

You too Crumpet xx