Notice for pre reg visit
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Notice for pre reg visit

So I have read that childminders will now potentially get a call as near as the day before inspection, can anyone tell me how ,u have notice you get for pre reg? And do you need to have house, garden completely set up with all resources ready to go?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I registered the expectation was that that if you press the button to register...then you are ready to go...
    My registration phone call was 5 days after final press of button. I was on holiday the following week, so she came 10 days later...but had to ring back because inspectors are given a list of people to contact and assess and they have a two week window.to visit and process ...after that ..they have to be reallocated your name.
    My inspector expected me to be 'ready to go'...because once you are registered you can have children.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks for that it's just I've heard it can take up to 12 weeks?!

When did you send your health declaration off

Simona Guest

The pre registration visit is not the same as an inspection?
    As you would be ready to operate almost immediately then yes you must have everything ready to go.

If you are in doubt call either Tribal or Prospects, depending on where you are, and get them to explain how they carry out pre registration visits and what notice they would give
    they will have their own rules ...so worth finding out for yourself as we would never be able to tell how they run their 'subcontracted' inspection services

If you have parents willing to start and needing your care then tell the contractors so they can be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

yes i know that thanks

where can i find details of this do i just tell them which area i live in and ask a waiting list ?

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It can take up to 12 weeks from your application for them to come. Mine took 7 weeks, they rang and told me a date. Which was 2 weeks later for the visit. Then I had a call 1 week later from an ofsted lady who said my original lady was off sick so could she come do mine tomorrow. I said yes.... She was there 4 hours and I loved it. Not half as bad as you think it's gonna be. My pre reg was end of August.