Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Becoming a childminder

Hi there,

I am looking at becoming a childminder and was wondering if you could give me some tips.

I am at the very start of the journey and have been booked on the briefing course which takes place next month and then I will be doing my registration course thru Pacey as my local authority don't have any planned for the remainder of the year.
    I have been a childminder before when my eldest was little but this is going back 6 years now and I did it under the care commission in Scotland as that's where we lived at the time. We are now living back in Yorkshire as my husband has come out of the Armed Forces, I have read that there is a lot too it these days and plenty of changes in relation to OFsted, I have a background of working with children and I'm a qualified teaching assistant but I want to be able to be around for my own children and want the flexibility that childminding brings, I am renting at the minute and I have got a chat booked in with my landlord to discuss it all so hoping that goes smoothly. How long is it taking to get registered at the minute? I am also already registered with the update service will this make a difference to my application?

Any help or advice you can give me would be great.

Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry, no advice or help really, as I registered a long time ago!

but wishing you lots of luck and have a good look round the forum, there are lots of threads on starting the process to be a childminder, which should help answer any questions.

and welcome to Yorkshire! ( I'm in North Yorkshire so not exactly close, but still Yorkshire! )

xx