Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Ofsted Application and government grant

Hello,
    I am currently in the process of registering as a child minder , I have all my courses booked on DBS for myself and my partner are on the way now and my booklet is being filled in by the doctors.
    I was just wondering in regards to the government grant can I send it off now or wait until I have completed all my courses etc.
    Also I have yet to here from the area service that they mentioned at my first course. Does anyone know how to get a hold of them please and if there are any child-minders in the Tamworth area whom I can contact to gain more knowledge of the area .

Thank you I know its a long list .
    first time post

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

You can apply for the grant now but if you aren't registered within 6 months of applying then you will have to apply again for it. Hope this helps

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

You can apply for grant now but won't get it until you get your certificate & provide your registration number. Are local council service don't get in touch until your registered fully either when your details are sent to them, but I'm cambridgeshire so not sure if different? X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ill send grant off now then x

Non childminder member
    Becoming Childminde
    Post Thanks / Like

What grant is it? Can you be any age or is it the ones for ppl not older then 30 or something? Cheers

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karomarko View Post
    What grant is it? Can you be any age or is it the ones for ppl not older then 30 or something? Cheers
    It's the government start up grant of £500 when you become registered