Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dbs backlog

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Aaaahhhh stage 4 has been completed! !!!!

So do I still need to wait until I actually have the certificate to start ofsted registration process? Or can I start it now?

Someone told me that you can make a start on the online application and save at any time - I spent an hour on it then it didn't save so I only want to start the form once I know now!
    Ahhhh! Finally! Congratulations. The online application lost 3 hours of my work too, so annoying. :S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenfaerie View Post

Ahhhh! Finally! Congratulations. The online application lost 3 hours of my work too, so annoying. :S
    Yep all in Ofsted's hands now! Just booked an appointment with my development officer to come out and go over things before the pre reg visit so things are moving now Yay

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, and I thought it was just me... I applied for my hubbys DBS on 5 May, 3,5 months and counting. We were also told to send a letter but at that point I just lost it with them and said I might as well call them myself. His is with Scotland Yard... First phone call I spoke to some lovely police people who said they would now prioritise my application, a bit surprised by this as DBS had said they did this on July 17..second phone call 3 days later and were given a phone number, back to DBS, and when I pointed this out I was asked if I realized I had phoned the police! I had also hoped to be up and running by now, My DBS I had to chase after 60 days but then it arrived 1 week later. This is just ridiculous. It feels like I paid all this money but doing all the work myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJU View Post
    Hello, and I thought it was just me... I applied for my hubbys DBS on 5 May, 3,5 months and counting. We were also told to send a letter but at that point I just lost it with them and said I might as well call them myself. His is with Scotland Yard... First phone call I spoke to some lovely police people who said they would now prioritise my application, a bit surprised by this as DBS had said they did this on July 17..second phone call 3 days later and were given a phone number, back to DBS, and when I pointed this out I was asked if I realized I had phoned the police! I had also hoped to be up and running by now, My DBS I had to chase after 60 days but then it arrived 1 week later. This is just ridiculous. It feels like I paid all this money but doing all the work myself
    Yes so frustrating isn't it, the backlog is just ridiculous! Keep checking and as frustrating as it it keep chasing, explain loss of earnings etc.
    Hope it gets sorted soon x good luck x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12