Ratio question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ratio question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ratio question

Hi,

I have a 23 month old, I've had an enquiry to look after twins who are 19 months old 4 days a week which is perfect and obviously ok for my ratios. However, the lady has a 4 year old daughter that would maybe need looking 2 half days a week.

Would Ofsted agree to me looking after the 4 year old as a sibling and it's not full time.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to say no to my dream client (twins would be perfect!) but I just want to see whether anyone knows whether Ofsted does give special dispensation at all.

Thanks,

A

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWatty View Post
    Hi,

I have a 23 month old, I've had an enquiry to look after twins who are 19 months old 4 days a week which is perfect and obviously ok for my ratios. However, the lady has a 4 year old daughter that would maybe need looking 2 half days a week.

Would Ofsted agree to me looking after the 4 year old as a sibling and it's not full time.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to say no to my dream client (twins would be perfect!) but I just want to see whether anyone knows whether Ofsted does give special dispensation at all.

Thanks,

A
    If they are all starting at the same time then you couldn't take them all on as you only have two spaces on the overlap days.

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When does she want to start? Does the 4yr old start School in September? It's only a 5 months away. If you tell her that you have no space for the 4yr old at the moment but will have when she starts school...could that work?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.