Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I actually NEED?

Was meant to start my own thread - sorry
    Last edited by RCTLisa; 11-02-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Where are you in the process now lPatters?
    I have been chasing ofsted for the past 3 weeks and found out last week that my husbands social services checks went missing. They had to ask my LA to re-send them which they have done today. They said once they receive these back my application will go through to the next step which I am hoping is the call for pre-reg visit. I think everything else has been done (I hope) How about you mumofone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpatters View Post
    I have been chasing ofsted for the past 3 weeks and found out last week that my husbands social services checks went missing. They had to ask my LA to re-send them which they have done today. They said once they receive these back my application will go through to the next step which I am hoping is the call for pre-reg visit. I think everything else has been done (I hope) How about you mumofone?
    Oh gosh how aggravating! I've been chasing daily too (probably making me wait for being annoying lol!), I'm waiting on my partners social services check to come back but they said they won't chase until 6 weeks are up and I think I'm on week 4 :-(

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alex__17 it really is! I had few anxiety dreams last night lol!

Thanks Ipatters, it all feels a bit of a blur now but this is basically what happened from what I can remember:

We went through all my bits she needed too see first such as ID, car insurance etc. I included my DBS and car MOT which she had a look at. I showed her all my qualifications, first Aid and extra stuff I'd gained such as food safety and hygiene etc. Once that was completed we went through a few things that had come up on my health declaration (I have PCOS, mild Asthma and Raynauds Syndrome) so I just explained in a bit more detail about those and explained that they wont affect my work and she was happy with that.

After going through my personal info we started on Safeguarding. I couldn't find my pre-reg booklet at the time (It was in the pile of papers on my lap but I was nervous and looked past it lol) so I just gave all the info I knew off the top of my head which she said was good detailed answers and she looked up my policy and was happy with that.

We discussed other things and obviously all the EYFS stuff. To be honest she didn't ask me much direct from the pre-reg booklet as most of it was covered in our general conversations and from me showing her the required policies. After all my worrying I didn't really need to refer to it much as I had most of it in my head but it certainly helped filling it in beforehand and I'd recommend having it with you on the day in case your mind goes blank.

The look around the house wasn't too long but she let me show her all the things I'd put in place from the RA and was interested in the craft cupboard I built up and the resources I'd collected. I Showed her my RA briefly and she checked other policies and looked at my menus when we discussed healthy eating to see what I planned to feed the children.

I learnt some stuff from her as well and she showed me her documents they use when doing graded visits and explained everyone can have access to it online which is helpful.

All in all it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and she was really nice but certainly glad it is done!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCTLisa View Post
    Was meant to start my own thread - sorry
    no worries, have replied to your thread.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, it's such a relief to be through it isn't it?

7. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    Well done, it's such a relief to be through it isn't it?
    Thank you Elisha, it really is. I'm feel much more relaxed today!

9. Likes Ellisha liked this post
    Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Sammy Jo T;1391308]

Thanks Ipatters, it all feels a bit of a blur now but this is basically what happened from what I can remember:

Thanks for the info Sammy Jo T. Have had an update from my local LA that they've re-sent my husbands social services check to Ofsted so hopefully wont be too much longer. Coming up to 10 weeks since I applied.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=lpatters;1391488]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Jo T View Post

Thanks for the info Sammy Jo T. Have had an update from my local LA that they've re-sent my husbands social services check to Ofsted so hopefully wont be too much longer. Coming up to 10 weeks since I applied.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you they get a move on! That's a long time to wait :-/

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

After asking for another update, I have been told that the social services checks have now been received and my application is now with the regulatory team. (I emailed Ofsted so response was short and sweet). At least it has made some progress. Does this mean I will hear from an inspector shortly does anyone know? Desperate to get started, I'm all ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpatters View Post
    After asking for another update, I have been told that the social services checks have now been received and my application is now with the regulatory team. (I emailed Ofsted so response was short and sweet). At least it has made some progress. Does this mean I will hear from an inspector shortly does anyone know? Desperate to get started, I'm all ready to go.
    How long did it get to this stage lPatters?
    I'm still waiting on my partners social services check and chasing is like banging my head against a brick wall!!

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    How long did it get to this stage lPatters?
    I'm still waiting on my partners social services check and chasing is like banging my head against a brick wall!!
    I applied to ofsted on 9th Dec. It may be worth chasing your local LA as this is what I done after being told for a month by ofsted that they hadnt received them. It turned out that my LA did send them 4 weeks previous but ofsted didnt receive them so they asked them to re-send. Otherwise, they give them 6 weeks until they chase again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12