had my pre-regards visit today,
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default had my pre-regards visit today,

Well I had my pre-reg visit today, and all night I was up to worrying, I tried to prepare myself as much as possible, and it went perfect, couldn't have been better, my inspector was lovely, we went through the EYFS book, and she let me refer back to the book, she didn't use Any ofsted jargon, so want to tell you all don't panic, just be yourself,

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great! It is such a relief when everything runs smoothly :-) good luck on your new adventure x

Post Thanks / Like

Wow well done you, and that's really good to know, as i am currently sat up, by myself going through some last minute bits in preparation for my pre reg visit tomorrow morning at 10am!!! I can't help but keep worrying and thinking that i will need this, that and the other, the list keeps on growing!! She may not even want to see everything that i have printed off, but at least it is there just in case Fingers crossed that my visit goes as smoothly as yours!!

Nicci xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had mine yesterday too. It all went well. It was really helpful to have the booklet handy, I kept needing to check it. At one point managed to drop all my policies which went miles across the floor- clean wooden floor and plastic wallets. There was also a squirrel running and jumping round the back garden. It fell off the fence a few times and kept distracting me!

She was impressed that I hand the SEND information (thanks Simona) and the new version of the infection control guidelines and my relevant policies marked as needing updating (thanks rickysmiths)

She did say that my 3yr dd wouldn't take up one of my places if she was at nursery. I thought I always had to include her, so that gives me an extra space on days my daughter is at nursery.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I had mine yesterday too. It all went well. It was really helpful to have the booklet handy, I kept needing to check it. At one point managed to drop all my policies which went miles across the floor- clean wooden floor and plastic wallets. There was also a squirrel running and jumping round the back garden. It fell off the fence a few times and kept distracting me!

She was impressed that I hand the SEND information (thanks Simona) and the new version of the infection control guidelines and my relevant policies marked as needing updating (thanks rickysmiths)

She did say that my 3yr dd wouldn't take up one of my places if she was at nursery. I thought I always had to include her, so that gives me an extra space on days my daughter is at nursery.
    Well done on your pre-reg inspection - I also thought that your daughter was still included in your numbers even if she was at Nursery as you would be over your numbers if for some reason Nursery was closed or your little one was too unwell for Nursery but not unwell enough for you to cancel the mindees. If you have a Development Officer I think I would double check this in case Mrs O told you wrong or you misunderstood, especially as you haven't got it in writing.

6. Likes Lal liked this post
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did double check. I'd be slightly under on space, not over on numbers if that makes sense. I will check it out properly directly with ofsted. I think I've had an email from my Development Officer, I've certainly never met her.