how honest is too honest?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how honest is too honest?

just a bit of advice / reassurance needed :S

I had my pre reg 1st april and got my certificate through saying registered 11th april.

I have been lucky enough to start straight away with a little boy 2 days a week and a pick up 2 days a week. Prior to this I was doing a drop off since oct (less than 2 hrs a day so didn't need to be registered).

Ive had a new parent come around yesterday and I was chatting to her about our routine, what we do in the day etc (obv I've only had 2 weeks of this but having 2 little ones myself this is our routine anyway). I just wondered whether I should have mentioned to her id only just registered. It felt like I should have and would have if she'd asked but she didnt (although she did ask for my urn which I gave her so im guessing she might check). I just wondered how forthcoming people are with this sort of information?. I cant help but feel a bit dishonest even though I didn't say anything untrue...hmmmm

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't worry. If she wanted to know she would have asked :-)

3. Likes Koala liked this post
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2lovelygirls View Post
    just a bit of advice / reassurance needed :S I had my pre reg 1st april and got my certificate through saying registered 11th april. I have been lucky enough to start straight away with a little boy 2 days a week and a pick up 2 days a week. Prior to this I was doing a drop off since oct (less than 2 hrs a day so didn't need to be registered). Ive had a new parent come around yesterday and I was chatting to her about our routine, what we do in the day etc (obv I've only had 2 weeks of this but having 2 little ones myself this is our routine anyway). I just wondered whether I should have mentioned to her id only just registered. It felt like I should have and would have if she'd asked but she didnt (although she did ask for my urn which I gave her so im guessing she might check). I just wondered how forthcoming people are with this sort of information?. I cant help but feel a bit dishonest even though I didn't say anything untrue...hmmmm
    You've not done anything wrong by not telling her at all. If she had asked I'm sure you'd have told her the truth but as it turned out she wasn't bothered by how long you had been working. I know some fantastic childminders who have only just started out that don't come from a childcare back ground. I also know some long standing minders who aren't so great.
    At the end of the day it's who the parent feels comfortable with not how long they have been minding.

Plus, you've had work from day 1 so that family obviously think your the bees knees so just keep doing what you're doing!! :-D

5. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you all Just feeling all very new to this x

Post Thanks / Like

I have been honest that I'm a newbie, I've had no problems signing people based on this. I agree though it doesn't matter as long as the parents are happy with the care your going to provide. I'm always too honest it's just my nature lol x Good Luck :-)

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you're 'selling' yourself as a Mum, aren't you? I know that's how I approached it - new at cming, not new at looking after children. I did mention it to my first parents but more as a way of telling them that what I was doing might change as I got more experience and also so they knew it was new to me and that I might get it wrong sometimes but would try and put things right as soon as possible. I think it's helpful for parents for us to not try and be the experts on their children.