Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: days out ideas

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default days out ideas

Hi all,

in the process of registering at the mo and just giving some thought to some good days out ideas I can do with the kids. Obviously much will depend on the ages of the kids I am looking after, but can anyone recommend the sorts of places you take your 1-5 year olds? So far I have thought of parks/libraries/museums/soft play places in the area- in particular my area is Warrington in Cheshire. I do drive but would prefer not to if I don't have to.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Local churches, children's centre or schools often have toddler groups and holiday clubs you could attend with the children x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just done a 'forest schools' course and got lots of ideas for when we play in our local woods

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The woods, feeding the ducks, a pet shop, local fire station, the train station. Some of our sweetest times have been when we have just gone for a walk around the block to 'see what we can see'. We have spent ages watching water trickle down a drain, followed squirrels, followed cats, found a teddy in a puddle, watched workmen and diggers, counted Christmas trees in windows etc. We also go to the local fruit and veg shop to buy ingredients for pizza toppings, fruit salad etc.

Sometimes, we base our outings around a story, for example, we read 'Where's my Teddy?' and the next day we made our very own blueberry pie, and took a picnic blanket and our teddies to the woods and read the story again, on location so to speak!

Just don't feel like you have to spend lots of money on outings! Anything can be made into an educational experience. x

5. Likes Goatgirl, funemnx, danemi1 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

fab ideas! Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Have u ever done/heard of geocaching. It's basically like a treasure hunt and you follow a compass (on phone app) to the location of a cache. It can have various stuff in it (rubbishy stuff) you can take stuff out and replace with other things too.

I've done it with my lil girl and she loved it so is something I will definitely try when minding.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so can we just walk into a fire station then? What's the procedure for this?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    Ok so can we just walk into a fire station then? What's the procedure for this?
    Most do fun days or they will arrange visits for groups of people
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door