Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nappy disposal/using the toilet, etc

2 different questions here!

firstly, what do you all do about disposing of nappies? I can't easily access the outside bin when children will be here as this would leave them unsupervised, so am wondering if double bagging and putting them in a tall pedal bin specifically for nappies in the back porch (where children won't ever be except to access the garden) would be acceptable? bear in mind too that my dishwasher is in the porch (random setup, i know!).

second question: my bathroom is upstairs, and I'm wondering how children who need help using the toilet/potty would work? i obviously can't leave the other children downstairs unsupervised and i can't take them with us to the bathroom! what does everyone else do/reckon?

Cheers my dears!

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the problem with your bin arrangements, and as for using the bathroom, I know Ofsted have said to a friend on inspection that they should take children to the bathroom with you but we had a group discussion about this and all agreed that it is too risky taking 2/3 children at a time to an upstairs bathroom, they are much safer in a secure room with a gate on and door open so that you are in hearing distance, if you have a baby you could pop them in a buggy/cot. I for one don't want to take children with me when I use the bathroom.

3. Likes Koala, AliceK, Polly2 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have a girl starting soon who is to be potty trained so will be using the upstairs bathroom and will have toys on the landing for my other 2 children.

As for nappies... I have put my nappy bin under the stairs as the children cant get to it and the cupboard is right by the playroom.

Holly