Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice really needed please

Have a new LO has been doing two settling visits a week since jan
    Started 3 full days a week at beg of march so 10 ish weeks.
    LO is unsettled and cries constantly and will only calm a little if I pick LO up.
    I have 2 other under 3 to care for
    I can't carry LO all day
    I do not want to use a sling
    LO will not engage in any kind of play as always tearful and just wants to bury head on my shoulder
    LO refuses to eat with me from spoon or by self
    LO is still being breast fed and is 12 months
    I feel like I am not managing my day as I can't do anything with the other children and they are also becoming upset by LO crying.
    Any advice please?? How frank would you be with the parents of this child ?
    Thank you

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a similar experience and you need to be brutally honest with the parents.. You need to ask the mum to cut out breast feeding during the day as LO will expect the same from you, it makes it difficult for the baby to detach from mother if they're still on the breast.... I did this and it worked wonders, now I don't take any babies if they're still being breast fed x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of days a week I have a 12 month old who has 6 older brother and sisters. He looks for me to entertain or carry him or tend to his every need all the time. The other children are missing out imo I'm hoping it settles in time. I'm encouraging him to hold his bottle to lighten my load a little it can be so hard like you say for the other children to listen to crying if I have to make lunch or tend to the others
    Tess1981